Teams that are jinxed in certain places/stadiums

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Sometimes, a team has an incredibly difficult time winning in a certain place.

The White Sox's sweep by the Twins and USC's recent losses to Oregon State in Corvallis reminded me of how sometimes, certain teams have an almost voodoo-like effect when they play in a certain stadium.

For instance,

Bill probably remembers the days when New England could NEVER win in Miami's Orange Bowl (though they won the final two games there).

Can you recall other examples where a team or a player seemed to be jinxed or unable to win in a certain place/stadium?

Sometimes, a team has an incredibly difficult time winning in a certain place.

The White Sox's sweep by the Twins and USC's recent losses to Oregon State in Corvallis reminded me of how sometimes, certain teams have an almost voodoo-like effect when they play in a certain stadium.

For instance,

Bill probably remembers the days when New England could NEVER win in Miami's Orange Bowl (though they won the final two games there).

Can you recall other examples where a team or a player seemed to be jinxed or unable to win in a certain place/stadium?

If I am not mistaken, something like 26 straight games.... GOD Dolphins rested their laurels on that for such a long a$$ time. It got down right old. I was SO GLAD when the Pats beat them the last 2 times in the Orange Bowl.;)

Being that I'm a Mets fan, how about the Mets against the Braves. Whether it be at Turner Field or Fulton County Stadium, the Mets could never and still never win in Atlanta.

Red Sox in Royals Stadium (now Kaufmann Stadium) back in the George Brett/Willie Wilson days couldn't buy a win in KC.

The Lions are snakebit in Minnesota, Green Bay, and Washington.
And San Fransisico, Atlanta, Chicago, St Louis, Arizona, San Diego, Cleveland , NY, Dallas, Philidelphia, ...... well you catch the drift. Seriously the first 3 cities are guaranteed losses, every season as long as I can remember.

The Lions are snakebit in Minnesota, Green Bay, and Washington.
And San Fransisico, Atlanta, Chicago, St Louis, Arizona, San Diego, Cleveland , NY, Dallas, Philidelphia, ...... well you catch the drift. Seriously the first 3 cities are guaranteed losses, every season as long as I can remember.

You forgot the city of Detroit.;):D

Detroit Lions,.
They are cursed to NEVER win a ROAD game, maybe some years it will be one ....
For that matter, they may be cursed from winning a game HOME or on the road.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)