Hosts: Mark Jackson and Dan Minnick

Topics:
*Product updates
*Guest. Slingbox
*Itv update
*Trivia giveaways
*Q & A
*Connectivity video
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dish 622 Archiving New Features
You can now access the External HDD from tv2.

Dishonline connects your ViP 622/722 to ethernet broadband connection. Dishnetwork offers many SD movies and will be moving into HD soon.

Short video about Dishonline.

New feature coming soon will enable you to enable timers via the internet for your ViP 622/722 If interested in testing this go to your account and look for Dish Online, Available Tomarrow.
Also if connected you can do away with the phone line fee.

Ethernet Connectivity Features
*DishONLINE programs
*Online DVR Scheduling
*Waive $5 / month Programming access fee
*Order PPV using remote contol

If you have a ViP622/722 check your my recordings for a short video

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dishcomm
Vip 622/722 if you have 1 box hooked to a phoneline the other ViP receivers in your house will communicate with it via powerline.
DishComm setup video.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archos Generation 5 605 (available now)and 705 (coming soon)
You can get software from the Archos website to make your receiver work with these.
Also these boxes do a "move" not a "copy" now.
Guest: Jason Krikorian from Sling
Discribes hooking up a slingbox to your Dish Network receiver
Available at leading consumer electronics retailers
MSRP:$179.99 (no monthly fees)
$29.99 onetime mobile fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giveaway, 2 slingbox's call 1-888-662-3474
Trivia Question: What format does the slingbox compress the audio and video into?
Scott Higgins ITV Video
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tech Questions
E-mail Questions
Don: My Hdmi connection of my622 quit working this weekend, what can I do?
A: Probably a bad connection, call us.

Greg: I own a ViP 211 I only get signal strength of 35-45 do I need to get my dish re-aligned?
A: Yes call your local retailer to re-align.

Scott: How can I connect and operate a slingbox with my Tv2 output on my 722?
A: We are working on this to allow for control of the IR on your receiver.

Mike & William: I get a floating message when my remote is switched off Tv mode.
A: The message is to try to help people, to remember to switch their remote back to Sat Mode.(working on making it available to turn off this feature)

Brian: When you use a Seagate Free Agent External HDD after about 10 minutes it will go into sleep mode then you have to reboot it, is there a fix?
A: There is a software update coming to prevent it from going to or pulling it out of sleep mode.

AJ: When can we expect the software for the ViP 211 to enable it to use a External HDD?
A: We are working on and testing it, possibly the first quarter, and for the Vip 222 shortly after that

Ken: Are Muzack and Sirius channels in Stereo or Mono?
A: I Believe the Sirius are all in Stereo.

Mike & Sharon: My 622 is connected to a UPS, Can I run a regular network cable to make it work(because the homeplug device will not work thru the UPS).
A: Yes.

Dale: HD signlal strength from the 129 satellite is low, best signal strength I can get is 58.
A: Your signal should be higher, call your local retailer to check out your cable, connectors etc.

Dan: My 722 is nowhere close to my routers, can I install a homeplug device?
A: If it is wireless it will work.

John: Is it possible for my 722 to choose or change Tv1 or Tv2 to create a timer from the guide?
A: Yes and No , you can't pick at random the timer to choose. It will usually try to use Tv2. Look at Record Plus option under preferences it will give you some control.

Roy: I notice my dvr now has many more options, where can I find out more information? (5xx)
A: Name based Recording, check Dishnetwork.com \record.

Cindy: Why do I have all episodes and new episode choices on one of my 510 receivers and not the other one?
A: It has not been rolled out to all boxes yet, early December possibly.

Q: I just upgraded to a Vip 722 receiver about a month ago, is there a software update that will let Off air reception pass back and forth from Tv1 to Tv2?
A: Not planned now, only 1 OTA tuner for Tv1, we will look at it.
Winners in the Sling Giveaway: John Wilson from Midland and Erin Vassey from Bismark N.D.
Answer to trivia question: Wmv version 9
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Replays on Channel 101
Charlie Chat
December 10, 2007
9 PM Est
Channel 101
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coming up Connectivity Video

Attachments

• Agenda.JPG
    Agenda.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 317
  • Dishonline.JPG
    Dishonline.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 302
  • Dishonline1.JPG
    Dishonline1.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 318
  • dishonline2.JPG
    dishonline2.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 308
  • dishonline3.JPG
    dishonline3.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 300
  • Archos.JPG
    Archos.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 273
  • Dishonline scheduling.JPG
    Dishonline scheduling.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 311
  • Ethernet connectivity features.JPG
    Ethernet connectivity features.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 304
  • Slingbox.JPG
    Slingbox.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 338
  • slingbox1.JPG
    slingbox1.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 311
  • slingbox2.JPG
    slingbox2.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 311
  • Step 1.JPG
    Step 1.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 342
  • Step 2.JPG
    Step 2.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 286
  • step 3.JPG
    step 3.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 315
  • step 4.JPG
    step 4.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 315
  • Step 5.JPG
    Step 5.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 301
  • Where to buy sling.JPG
    Where to buy sling.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 321
  • Sling to your mobile.JPG
    Sling to your mobile.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 332
  • dishcomm.JPG
    dishcomm.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 349
  • dishcomm1.JPG
    dishcomm1.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 295
There it is, that fee people wondered if they would charge for allowing you to use it with your Dish Network receiver. $29.99 onetime fee.

There it is, that fee people wondered if they would charge for allowing you to use it with your Dish Network receiver. $29.99 onetime fee.
The $29.99 fee has nothing to do with using Sling with Dish Network. The $29.99 fee is if you want to use your mobile device (ie: cell phone) to watch content from your Slingbox. One time mobile fee.

Archos Generation 5 605 (available now)and 705 (coming soon)
You can get software from the Archos website to make your receiver work with these.

Also these boxes do a "move" not a "copy" now.

Could not find the software on Archos website for the 605... anyone?

DishCOMM

so what will dishcomm actually allow us to do? if i have a 622 and a 211, can i communicate through the 211 and access the dvr and hard drive on the 622, to watch recordings over the powerlines on my 211 in another room?

The answer to the Muzak and Sirius channels question:
Are those channels in Stereo or Mono?

The answer is:
All Sirius channels are in stereo
Muzak channels 950 and up are in stereo
Muzak channels 949 and down are in mono and have the dynamic range very compressed (the loud parts of the music are not much louder than the soft parts of the music) for even background music / mental wallpaper.

See ya
Tony

That is to buy the mobile software to watch slingbox and doesn't have anything to do with DISH.

Could not find the software on Archos website for the 605... anyone?
Also:
NOTE ............................................... NOTE...................................... NOTE

It only takes ************** SD ************** programing (Which in my book makes it a worthless piece of crap).

Quote:

Dale: HD signlal strength from the 129 satellite is low, best signal strength I can get is 58.
A: Your signal should be higher, call your local retailer to check out your cable, connectors etc.

BULLSH..!

Also:
NOTE ............................................... NOTE...................................... NOTE

It only takes ************** SD ************** programing (Which in my book makes it a worthless piece of crap).
And in case you missed that particular point, Dan said:

"If you're not familiar with it, you connect it up to our boxes through the USB 2.0 port. And once that's done just follow the on-screen prompts and it'll tell you how to move selected high def... er selected STANDARD DEFINITION programing over to the Archos device."

A rose by any other name still smells.

Quote:

BULLSH..!

Yes, I never quite understood this...my 501 has levels that average the high 80's, yet my 622 average signal strength is the high 50's. Which receiver should I believe??

Dish Online.... "Available tomorrow." Kind of like a "Free beer tomorrow" sign at a restaurant ;)

But seriously, this is a highly anticipated feature for me. I'd prefer if we get the option to access t directly (by port forwarding on our home router) rather than having to go through Dish Online, though.

Dish Online.... "Available tomorrow." Kind of like a "Free beer tomorrow" sign at a restaurant ;)

But seriously, this is a highly anticipated feature for me. I'd prefer if we get the option to access t directly (by port forwarding on our home router) rather than having to go through Dish Online, though.

Even tivo works the same way. You go through either their site or one they partnered with.

Even tivo works the same way. You go through either their site or one they partnered with.

Thanks Vince, I did not know that - I assume it's done that way since 99% of consumers would be confused if it had to be done via port forwarding and such (but to have the option would be great!)

Anyone get it to work yet? When I checked a few hours ago, the only reference to it I could see at all was via the "coming soon" button, and with it only a static advertisement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts