Tech Chat Recap, Screen Caps & Sound bytes

Program my 622 over the web?!!??! SIGN ME UP! I must of missed that! Can Scott or anyone confirm that this will be a part of the DishOnline feature? Isn't it supposed to be available on the 15th of this month? I wonder what kind of cost would be attached to this if true.
Good God it is about time. Tivo has been capable of this for years!!! I really liked the feature when I was travelling a lot.

At least they finally confirmed that DD5.1 over HDMI will be available in the next software update in March for the 622 and May for the 211.

They ignored my first question about external storage until someone else asked later in the show.

Scott

They also admitted that the HDMI issues with the 622 are hardware related and will not be fixed with a software update.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recap guys, last night's forum was actually pretty informative. They did answer a lot of questions. It seems like a lot of features will be rolled out with the new 622 software upgrade.

One thing I found amusing was when they said at the begin of the show that they would like Tech Questions Only please! They said, "we are engineers, we don't know anything about marketing." Then, 30 seconds later they launched into a detailed speech about the current upgrade offer for the ViP622 receivers for new and existing customers. ...lol...

They also admited that the HDMI issues with the 622 are hardware related and will not be fixed with a software update.
We need to make that statement into a downloadabll audii lip that our members an play when they call CSRs who tell them the problem will be fixed with a software update. :)

hmmm... I don't like the idea of the HD stations next to the SD counterparts. I like cruising HD content in the 9000s. I hope they keep the number mapping so that they are available in both places.
Typically map-downs usually remain in both places, so should be okay.
I like the idea of being in both places, that way I can browse for content or HD.

622 upgrades.

I will believe it when i see it.

I seem to remember a promis about 5xx upgrades to NBR!!!!

that is only a year overdue :)

3 months is nothing.

It was mentioned once in this thread, but I don't see any comment from Dish on native resolution pass-through. I'm willing to be patient about it, but it had better not go the way of other announced upcoming enhancements.

One additional topic not discussed or even brought up was what occured in the last few weeks with OTA guide data in many markets. Two weeks ago, EVERY local digital in my market was displaying guide data, despite the fact that Dish doesn't carry many of them via LiL. Gone not long after it appeared, though. I want it back :)

They also admitted that the HDMI issues with the 622 are hardware related and will not be fixed with a software update.

This was the stunner of the night. They blamed it on the "standard" and that they were working on a beefier way of keeping the "pins" from becoming damaged....

Now if they will just pass this little nugget onto the CSRs. I'll trade my 2nd in again when I empty all the recordings (should be around July .... ;) )

Wasn't the 211 listed as $49 upgrade last month ?
They doubled the price to upgrade ?

Now I really am Grumpy....

Walt

So let me get this straight. You guys using the 622 can't use the HDMI ports??? Is this also the case with 211??

If so, I'll be waiting alot longer before making my upgrades to a 622 & 211!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)