Tech Info on Dish

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi, I have a #510 DVR receiver. On Sunday it lost the signal to 1 of the satellites and almost no channels came in. I called Dish, they walked me through a few tests and it turned out that 1 LNB was not working properly, or weather??

After setting up an appt. date I went out to the dish and checked every connector for moisture and/or looseness. Everything seemed to be OK. I went back in the house, plugged the unit in, and both sats. were coming back online. I was very happy, but I would like to know if anyone else has had this type of problem.

I guess I'm wondering if an LNB is getting weak. Any thoughts? BTW, it was raining on and off for 10 days here. Thanks.:cool:

I have a problem with accessing 148 transponder 1 on my 508 ONLY. It tries to access Tp. 24 instead, and that Tp is no longer active. All other various generaton and models of boxes in my set-up get 148 Tp. 1 just fine. I believe I have a bad table. Some bad tables have been diagnosed as bad LNBF's by CSR's and a few others on this board. I am not saying that was true in your case. I am suggesting that while there are bad LNBF's confirmed on this board, there is also a known, bad table problem with some 50X's ONLY, so far as I know, confirmed by others on this board, and since the bad table problem exhibits the same symptoms as a bad LNBF, some people could be suffering from a bad table and not a bad LNBF, if they can still receive channels on other boxes, but not the 50X's. Something to consider. I should add that many of these "bad LNBF" reports I have seen on this board almost always have the lone 50X with a problem and not other boxes of the same install.

Last edited:
I believe he meant table. I wound have to pull out a book and read to give an exact answer, but the table is the info the satellite receiver grabs and then uses it to determine how to adjust for each channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts