Tech Info on Dish

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi, I have a #510 DVR receiver. On Sunday it lost the signal to 1 of the satellites and almost no channels came in. I called Dish, they walked me through a few tests and it turned out that 1 LNB was not working properly, or weather??

After setting up an appt. date I went out to the dish and checked every connector for moisture and/or looseness. Everything seemed to be OK. I went back in the house, plugged the unit in, and both sats. were coming back online. I was very happy, but I would like to know if anyone else has had this type of problem.

I guess I'm wondering if an LNB is getting weak. Any thoughts? BTW, it was raining on and off for 10 days here. Thanks.:cool:

I have a problem with accessing 148 transponder 1 on my 508 ONLY. It tries to access Tp. 24 instead, and that Tp is no longer active. All other various generaton and models of boxes in my set-up get 148 Tp. 1 just fine. I believe I have a bad table. Some bad tables have been diagnosed as bad LNBF's by CSR's and a few others on this board. I am not saying that was true in your case. I am suggesting that while there are bad LNBF's confirmed on this board, there is also a known, bad table problem with some 50X's ONLY, so far as I know, confirmed by others on this board, and since the bad table problem exhibits the same symptoms as a bad LNBF, some people could be suffering from a bad table and not a bad LNBF, if they can still receive channels on other boxes, but not the 50X's. Something to consider. I should add that many of these "bad LNBF" reports I have seen on this board almost always have the lone 50X with a problem and not other boxes of the same install.

Last edited:
I believe he meant table. I wound have to pull out a book and read to give an exact answer, but the table is the info the satellite receiver grabs and then uses it to determine how to adjust for each channel.