Tech info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Have any of you hired a tech to set up you hd tv? Mine wants 150.00 bucks for an hours work. Is it worth it and do they actually get a better picture than what you can get with the Avia dvd?
Thanks in advance. Dave.

Dave, It depends on the type of display you have and if the guy is ISF-certified, a Rear Projection CRT will benefit most from a professional calibration and $150.00 is a good deal if the guy is legit...ask him for a couple of references and check him out.

If he's anything like me, he'll be there a lot longer than an hour. He's connecting sat receiver, dvd, sound and maybe a vcr, set up the tv, adjust the settings to your preference, instructions, throw in a couple cables ect.. I know it seems like it should be an hour deal but it never is..

dude2 said:
Have any of you hired a tech to set up you hd tv? Mine wants 150.00 bucks for an hours work. Is it worth it and do they actually get a better picture than what you can get with the Avia dvd?
Thanks in advance. Dave.

I have had three sets done this way (ISF) and one projector. Well worth the investment and as has been said...it takes more than an hour!

You will dislike the picture at first, seeing it as way too dark. Give it a bit of time and watch some good reference material with blues, blacks reds and greens (Fifth Element, U571, etc). You will not believe how good the final result is and will dislike watching at anyones place that has nott been ISF'd.

Wilson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts