Tech Quest about HR21-700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

erichepler

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Does anyone know if the HR21-700 disables other video-out's when the HDMI is in use? A D* installer showed me a trick about using the old red-white-yellow cables to split out to a vcr, and then run coax to any other tv to run "dual output" let's say. But I believe at the time I wasn't using HDMI on my TV, I think I was using the RGB component cables.

My sister-in-law asked us to record the Pitt-Miami game last night and wanted to know if we could send it to her at all. And I've been looking for something for a while to try and capture my Xbox 360 video, I was thinking of the Hauppauge HD PVR which does HD passthrough with component cables. I was hoping while trying to capture content from the DVR, that I would not have to use the passthrough... HDMI from Receiver to TV and Component from Receiver to HD PVR.

Thanks for any thoughts and wisdom!

Does anyone know if the HR21-700 disables other video-out's when the HDMI is in use? A D* installer showed me a trick about using the old red-white-yellow cables to split out to a vcr, and then run coax to any other tv to run "dual output" let's say. But I believe at the time I wasn't using HDMI on my TV, I think I was using the RGB component cables.

My sister-in-law asked us to record the Pitt-Miami game last night and wanted to know if we could send it to her at all. And I've been looking for something for a while to try and capture my Xbox 360 video, I was thinking of the Hauppauge HD PVR which does HD passthrough with component cables. I was hoping while trying to capture content from the DVR, that I would not have to use the passthrough... HDMI from Receiver to TV and Component from Receiver to HD PVR.

Thanks for any thoughts and wisdom!

All the D* branded recvrs have all the outputs active, so your HDMI is hooked up and the rest of the outputs are LIVE. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)