HR21-700 Dead Again

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gobearsnfl

Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Arizona
Had my HR21-700 replaced less than 2 months ago for freezing issues. Tonight there is a 14-306 error on it and the hard drive was clicking. Obviously dead. Called DTV and the tech said he was going to order me a replacement. Then he said that he had to refer my situation to a case manager and I would get a call back in 2 hours. What the heck is that? Anyone know? I've been a customer for years and never had an account issue. Has to be something else.

The fact that you have only had your replacement 2 months throws a red flag and in turn gets "case management". You most likely will get a tech visit that should go over your system with a fine tooth comb to verify you don't have something faulty in your system causing the issue. Don't worry it's not anything you have done wrong they just want to keep you as a happy customer. :) The tech may even have a much newer replacement for you.;)

HIFI said:
The fact that you have only had your replacement 2 months throws a red flag and in turn gets "case management". You most likely will get a tech visit that should go over your system with a fine tooth comb to verify you don't have something faulty in your system causing the issue. Don't worry it's not anything you have done wrong they just want to keep you as a happy customer. :) The tech may even have a much newer replacement for you.;)

As for a newer replacement, this doesn't help. All case management does is stay in contact with the sub before and after the tech comes. As stated, they will be going through everything with a fine tooth comb. It's not a bad thing just hope it's not an electrical issue. If so they may not allow you to have the receive replaced until the issue is fixed. The tech will need a 4 digit code your case worker gave you. They'll need to call them and go through a check list with you and the case management department and verify everything is working correctly before they leave

Thanks for the info. The case manager called me this morning and the replacement frequency is what threw the flag. He wound up ordering me another replacement that should arrive tomorrow or Monday. Of course, they can't say what model I will get. I just hope it's not another HR21. I looked on the bottom of the receiver and it has a manufacture date of 2007. A little old in my opinion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)