Tech question as HD moves to 72.7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LeM22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Northern VA
I have a tech coming out Tuesday to upgrade for free (supposedly) with no fees (I called 1-800-894-9131 via an online CSR referral). I won't be home but my wife will :eek:. What should I tell her to say? I'm downloading the pdf file that shows the new HD on 72.7 so the tech gets the point that I'm not going getting all the HD currently. Will they give me an EA 1000.4 that aims at ____? and leave one of the 500's for ____?

I have 61.5, 110, 119 with two Dish 500's. I looked through "The List" and it looks like my DC/Hagerstown locals are on 110 (SD) and 61.5 (HD). I just switched from the DishAmericaSilver package to AT200 w/HD-Platinum.

But I've heard that, Dish is declining to install new hybrid systems, such as EA with 110/119

Will they give me a temporary fix until everything moves off of 61.5?

Thanks for info.

Sounds like what you need is a 1000.4 with a 110 wing. If the tech won't do that, let him install a 1000.4, then purchase a wing and install it yourself for 110, or offer him under the table a few greenbacks to do the wing. I guess E* may frown on the latter though.

They will set you up on EA for your HD locals.

They do not want any kind of mixed arc system put in place. If you have SD locals that are not on 61.5, I believe at some point they will put them on EA. However, if all your locals are in HD, you are good to go.

The installer may or may not accommodate your request. Dish is strongly encouraging them not to mix arcs under any circumstance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts