Tech support web portal

johnwadams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Arkansas
This may have been posted before, but i did a search and did not find it.
There is a lot of information at DISH Network - Tech Portal .
( www.tech.dishnetwork.com )

Since my Vizio keeps my IR remote from working with a Dish rcvr, they offered me a UHF remote. Apparently this is a know problem with Vizio and other some other LCD tv's per DISH and posts on the AVS forum. All my other IR remotes work perfect. (Sony, JVC and Lite-On)

Last edited:
I haven't had a problem with those.

Been installing for yrs and not a had a problem with that brand. Have had a problem with uv lights conflicting with ir remote.

Been installing for yrs and not a had a problem with that brand. Have had a problem with uv lights conflicting with ir remote.
There are posts over on the AVS forum about this problem. I had a 3900 when we got the VIZIO. When I first encountered it, we unplugged everything in the kitchen and family room. Never had a problem with a CRT based tv. Then found that if the tv was off, the Dish remote worked fine. Per level 2 tech at Dish, this is a known problem. Funny thing was that in the A.M. on a sunny day, the remote would work. Let cloud cover set in or at night, and the remote would not. It worked when the tech installed the 722k because it was 5 PM.

Prior to the 722k, I ran a test using the IR blaster i had in the bedroom. It has a red LED that lights up when it is receiving. I put it in the family room and in the dark it stayed lit as long at the Vizio was on. Turn off the Vizio and it went dark and would only flash when you hit a button on any IR remote.

Ive seen some problems with the "POWER SAVER" options on some High Def TV sets.

When Power saver is ON. its somehow causing interference to the receivers infer red eye and the remote stops working.

Try turning Power Saver off, it if has that option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)