Tech Will Be Here in About 15 Minutes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

myron243

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Kingwood, Texas
My appointment window was 12 - 5 so he's within that. After reading some of the install problems, trials and tribulations here I hope he doesn't have to work overtime. If he does I guess I'll order some Papa John's. :D At least everything has been moved off the 922 to the EHD so I'm that far ahead. :p

Just make sure he knows Hopper must be completely set up before connecting/setting up Joey(s)...one at a time.

My installer is here right now. He won't even take the Joey out of the box until the Hopper is done. Seems pretty knowledgable, I'm impressed. He's outside cleaning up my cable runs while the software downloads.

My installer also setup the Hopper before even touching the Joeys. If I had to give you 2 heads up, they would be.. 1) If he has ANY issues with Hopper, tell him to do a factory reset (It took my tech about 45 minutes to try this). And 2) if you have ANY issue with Joey, try the trick listed in the "Joey unable to connect" thread. It works. Really. This is where most of the people with the 5+ hour tech installs get hung up on. If we would have known about this right away, we could have been live in about an hour

Factory reset was also the key for mine. It took my guy a couple run throughs before he remembered the difference between "reset" and "factory reset". We're authorizing as I type.

This is his first Hopper but he seems to know his stuff. He stated he'll get the Hopper up and download all the updates and then start on the Joeys. Right now he is pulling RG6 to the bedroom. It is single story and he was able to get the staples out at the bottom of the 59 and pull it up through the wall. I wanted the Hopper in the family room but there's no way you can get cable to the wall the existing outlet is in. Every wall of the family room has the second story on top of it. He said the only thing is I won't be able to use teh PIP on the Joeys but I never use it any way. Hopefully that's the last little inconvenience we encounter.

Up and running. Very pleased with my installer. He knew almost as much about the system as I've learned here. Thanks Blue Sky Satellite!

This is his first Hopper but he seems to know his stuff. He stated he'll get the Hopper up and download all the updates and then start on the Joeys. Right now he is pulling RG6 to the bedroom. It is single story and he was able to get the staples out at the bottom of the 59 and pull it up through the wall. I wanted the Hopper in the family room but there's no way you can get cable to the wall the existing outlet is in. Every wall of the family room has the second story on top of it. He said the only thing is I won't be able to use teh PIP on the Joeys but I never use it any way. Hopefully that's the last little inconvenience we encounter.

No Bluetooth headphones on the Joey, either. Of course, it's not working on the Hopper right now, either.

1 Hopper and 2 Joeys done, done and done. About 2 1/2 hours. And that included the little wire pull. Now to be patient while it does it's thing like the 922 so everything is fully functional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)