Technical Nightmare

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. The freeze lasts for 2 seconds then continues on. Sometimes happens once an hour sometimes only a couple of times a day. But it always happens. Especially annoying during a sporting event. I've hit the back button to see if the freeze is still there but it never is. I've actually recorded a show while I watched the show live. If it freeze framed I check the recorded version and the freeze frame is not there. If this wasnt the second HS17 I might think it was a faulty hard drive. All logic escapes me.

Have you seen any of the techs pull out there AIM meter and pull a reading on the Main line going to your Genie 2? I'd be willing to bet its reading in the mid to high 40's if not over 50 db.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. The freeze lasts for 2 seconds then continues on. Sometimes happens once an hour sometimes only a couple of times a day. But it always happens. Especially annoying during a sporting event. I've hit the back button to see if the freeze is still there but it never is. I've actually recorded a show while I watched the show live. If it freeze framed I check the recorded version and the freeze frame is not there. If this wasnt the second HS17 I might think it was a faulty hard drive. All logic escapes me.
Just hit the back button on the remote and see if it stops the freezing.

No Adjusting really. The higher the decibel level. The worse the signal is, dish could perfectly aimed and dialed in, but if there are excess barrels, unneeded splitters, un approved connections, bad cabeling. It all adds to signal loss. Alot of time I have seen where a G2 is on a splitter way too big for what it needs or way too much cabeling.

On approved cabeling, approximate loss is about 6 decibels per 100 ft. of cable.
2 dbs for connectors,

4 db for 2 way splitter
7 db for 4 way splitter
14 db for 8 way splitter

So if your ODU is properly installed and dialed in. Depending on what kind you have say your sitting at around 25-27 dbs at the Dish.

100 ft of cable
Couple barrels
A splitter

Without bad connections, old cable, un approved cable you could already be sitting at 32-38 decibels at the G2. Any of the above listed and it climbs. I've seen the Genie 2 start acting up at as low as 42-44 decibels.

I have seen countless times. Where people have gone fr 5 or 6 sd boxes in their homes to a g2 and wireless minis, and no cabeling has been changed. Still passing through the 8 way splitter.

On a G2 system. If the dish is in an area where it allows, I would do a Home Run straight from the LNB to the G2.

Older systems didnt require the quality connections and cable runs the g2 system requires. The higher the db loss. The more it effects certain frequencies passing through.

On your setup. I would have a straight homerun down to your hs17 with a 2 way splitter. To add in the 4k client.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)