Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am collecting Technical questions for DISH which I plan on asking on Video tomorrow.

Note however that do to poor Internet I may not be able to post the video for a few days.

I will be collecting them until 12 Noon.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've got 2,and these apply to a vip211k on WA ;
1 ) Why is the sound on SD channels SO much louder than HD channels?
2 ) Is it possible to put an anamorphic output option on the VIDEO output?

Reactions: TheKrell
Will there be a 4k hopper to go with the 4k joey? Directv is coming out with their 4k receiver this year. Or is the present hopper capable of 4k video?

Does Dish have any plans on releasing a remote with a full touch screen, similar to the Harmony, that looks like a 'tablet' per se? Full Automation to the home to work with the Control 4.

I think it's been pretty well established that the HWS is NOT 4K capable. We might as well ask if it's able to support holographic projection.

Reactions: lucky86
I think it's been pretty well established that the HWS is NOT 4K capable. We might as well ask if it's able to support holographic projection.
I don't see how the 4k Joey, that is feed by the existing hopper, can do true 4k video ,but the hopper can't. That makes me think that the 4k joey is just upcoverting the hd signal it gets from the hopper to 4k resolutions.

Does DISH know their Joeys are sloooooooooooow? Are they planning to address this issue on existing equipment? Is the Netflix for Joey rollout waiting until they do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Dish is providing OTA modules, why not allow the psip info to pass thru for the subchannel locals instead of the very informative Digital Service? :glasses and hopefully not the ridiculous answer of it is not good enough, because it would be a heck of a lot better than Digital Service. At least one would know whats actually on.

I don't see how the 4k Joey, that is feed by the existing hopper, can do true 4k video ,but the hopper can't. That makes me think that the 4k joey is just upcoverting the hd signal it gets from the hopper to 4k resolutions.
Hopper does not process video for Joeys, it only serves up the raw data from the sats or stored on disk.

My $30 home router with USB storage could easily serve a 4K video stream to a TV or Joey, and it doesn't have any video capabilities at all.

Reactions: TheKrell
If Dish is providing OTA modules, why not allow the psip info to pass thru for the subchannel locals instead of the very informative Digital Service? :glasses and hopefully not the ridiculous answer of it is not good enough, because it would be a heck of a lot better than Digital Service. At least one would know whats actually on.
PSIP might be better in your market, but in the Albuquerque market it is practically non-existent.

DING DING DING DING

Future fantasies: A pointer, laser presumably, that we can use to point at an object onscreen- dress, STB, blender, shoes, kitchen appliance, holiday package, toothpaste etc etc, anything on QVC or HSN etc, that will then take us to an option or options, to BUY! With auto pause as we ponder. Convenient for us, and Charlie gets a cut. The laser would aim, optical sensor could detect the spot onscreen. Actually this is current technology.

A chance to be WAY ahead of the curve.

To "sweeten" and draw in the buyers, it could be to provide more data: Actors, studio, who designed the outfit, and THEN offer the possibility of a sale- or alternative sales!

PLEASE! My wife's wallet is ACHING for this!

Again: PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY! We see stuff all the time my wife would want to know more about, or flat out buy NOW! Don't you think Amazon and others would love this opportunity? Project Runway. Various cooking shows. Even classic movie outfits. :devilish

Be FIRST! There's money on the table!

Reactions: lucky86
PSIP might be better in your market, but in the Albuquerque market it is practically non-existent.

Call the stations and ask them to fix it. Thats what I did. I've emailed all the station engineers and they were happy to add more once they new people were using it. We get 3 to 4 days of guide info on all but 1 station now. But even 12 or 24 hrs is better than Digital Service and no info at at all.

PSIP data is done station by station, one typo and it screws up your recording and you blame Dish - RIGHT!!

They blame dish for stuff anyway. Hold the stations accountable considering the money they want for retransmission consent, good guide data should be expected. Its been 3 yrs since I started conversing with the engineers and I've never seen a mistake on any of my 3 Dtv Pal dvrs which only use psip for guide. We pay Dish a lot of money for programming they shoukd be held accountable to provide something other than Digital Service in the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)