Technotrend S2-1600's are now availalble.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
is the CW3k/4k using proprietary software that restricts you to specific hardware ?

the Prof line of cards as well as the newer dvbworld line offer much better performance then the old technotrend cards.

Well, talking about not older cards, but TT S2-1600, it's a PCI card that uses exact same demod as Prof-7301, but a newer ST STV6110A tuner, different Phillips made PCI Bridge, and extra LNB voltage stabilizers improving DVB-S2 reception by reducing noise in the reception circle that powers LNBs. There were reports that while STV6110A has an advantage of being a low power "green" chipset allowing to design cool sat cards, it may add some extra noise to the received signal. On the other hand, there is a clear trend across several card brands using STMicro chipsets, to transition to this newer tuner, and it's gone already through several revisions improving specs. As new card generations are introduced, we'll see all STM chipset based cards using this tuner. So I wonder, if anyone has up-to-date 2011 data comparing older STV6100 tuner to current STV6110 rev. performance? What's interesting, if anyone can list any NORTH AMERICAN TV channels that they can't receive with a card using STV6110A tuner, but are able to stably get with a similar card using STV6100 tuner? :)

Last edited:
Where can I buy a Technotrend S2-1600 in the USA.
I have a CW 4000 HD I would like to install one in.
Please help thanks

They only compiled the modules for those cards/chipsets. It's supposed to be open source but they made things difficult with some of the tricks they added to their compiled java menu system. I'm waiting for xbmc to get live streaming working well enough to migrate.

Jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)