Telephone tested but wont display caller id?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Riker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
I test a phone right at plug that goes into Hopper 3 and when I get a phone call doesn't work. I know the phone line works. Settings are done right.

I test a phone right at plug that goes into Hopper 3 and when I get a phone call doesn't work. I know the phone line works. Settings are done right.
are you sure its not there? It's REALLY tiny - lower right of the screen.
UPDATE: I spoke to soon - it DID work when I first got my H3 but no longer - I'm guessing I lost it with U304 update.

Reactions: D. Manley
actually it WAS working with with U303 - now i'm not seeing it (with U304) and I can't remember where the setting is.
I did find the setting - it somehow got turned off but now I have to reboot - black screen that won't go away.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456157177.382590.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone take a picture of the TV when Caller ID is on the screen? If the font is so small as people are saying, this would be a deal breaker for my wife, she has a 22" tv and has to get close to see who is calling using Hopper 1.

Can someone take a picture of the TV when Caller ID is on the screen? If the font is so small as people are saying, this would be a deal breaker for my wife, she has a 22" tv and has to get close to see who is calling using Hopper 1.
I would take a pic - if it was still working. I have a 55" and I was squinting from 8 - 10' away to make it out but maybe that's just me.

Can someone take a picture of the TV when Caller ID is on the screen?

I personally wouldn't let one small feature of the H3 be a deal breaker if all the other benefits and features are what you like/need. Who knows, they may improve it soon. It is kind of small to be honest, believe Dish is simply trying to balance this with people who would complain that it's too big and intrusive when watching TV if they enlarged it.

IMO, if you want caller ID on then you accept the fact it will temporarily be on screen for a short while or until you press the select button. It should be formatted properly and also enlarged.

Another option if you really do like to have caller ID announced, look at getting a phone system or answering machine that speaks caller ID. I understand that if the Hopper promotes a feature like on screen caller ID it should be easily viewable. Dish never really seems to understand the importance of usability when it comes to certain on screen menus/texts or the guide for people with smaller TVs or vision issues. A simple option would to keep caller ID like this as default and then offer an option to make this much larger to accommodate any issues or preferences.

This is a 42" screen, showing about 2/3 of the screen width:

Caller ID copy.jpg

Reactions: xfoneguy
Thanks for the photo. My wife,with the 22" tv, has macular degeneration and glaucoma. Maybe I can figure out a way to install our 52" in place of the 22", this way I could justify buying a 55" or 60" for the den 4k of course.
One other problem is not having our separate DVRs, might not get the HWS until there is a way around this.
Dan

Reactions: Tron2012
Thanks for the photo. My wife,with the 22" tv, has macular degeneration and glaucoma. Maybe I can figure out a way to install our 52" in place of the 22", this way I could justify buying a 55" or 60" for the den 4k of course.
One other problem is not having our separate DVRs, might not get the HWS until there is a way around this.
Dan

Hmm, then maybe you should look into that spoken caller ID option then. This way your wife can hear instead of having to read. I know, I know, you're trying to swing for a NEW 4K TV. May be a cheaper option at least for now.

We have a 4 unit Panasonic wireless phone system with spoken caller ID. We love it as even if the TV is not on or sitting by it we can at least hear the spoken caller ID from any of the handsets. When the kids were younger was nice to hear the name like "grandma arlene" so they knew it was OK to pick up the phone and talk to them. Might be a nice option for your wife along with the Hopper caller ID (if/when they improve the visibility). You can even program it to speak a name you enter for a given phone number instead of the number (sister sally, nosey neighbor, etc...). If anything, it does offer a bit of a laugh when certain calls come in and it tries to phonetically pronounce the call. ;)

I have a phone for the hearing impaired in the den, it says the number and name of caller. Jim, you got it right about new 4k set up, I like to have all the latest stuff.
Dan

Reactions: Tron2012

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts