Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
How does it work, having a VIP722 hooked up to 2 TV's
one in family room, one in bed room.
If it is in family Room how do you change channels in bed room

Sorry for asking.

Thanks

You have two remotes. The second remote is UHF and passes through the walls. It drives the coax (TV2) out of the 722. In this dual mode, you will not have access to TV2 when you are recording a show using the 2nd tuner. The program guide shows which tuner is being used to record a show. The default is to use the 2nd tuner (TV2) for recordings.

You have two remotes. The second remote is UHF and passes through the walls. It drives the coax (TV2) out of the 722. In this dual mode, you will not have access to TV2 when you are recording a show using the 2nd tuner. The program guide shows which tuner is being used to record a show. The default is to use the 2nd tuner (TV2) for recordings.

New customer waiting for an install, and I switched from a 722 to the 612, which is a single tv dvr. This is the one thing that I don't like about the 722. It limits your ability to watch 1 show, and record another on the same T.V. if the second T.V. is in use. I know that you can with the OTA tuner, but that is not an option for me.
When you sign up, all they tell you is that the 722 is the best award winning box out there, but they don't explain how it works. I'm glad I found this site before I got the installation, as my son is the second T.V., and I could see that causing problems with scheduled recordings.

New customer waiting for an install, and I switched from a 722 to the 612, which is a single tv dvr. This is the one thing that I don't like about the 722. It limits your ability to watch 1 show, and record another on the same T.V. if the second T.V. is in use. I know that you can with the OTA tuner, but that is not an option for me.
When you sign up, all they tell you is that the 722 is the best award winning box out there, but they don't explain how it works. I'm glad I found this site before I got the installation, as my son is the second T.V., and I could see that causing problems with scheduled recordings.

I know the 612 is best for you for the number of tuners you can lease, but FYI, the 612 is the SAME as the 722 in single mode except no PIP, no TV2 out and counts as one tuner. If it were not for your limitation and personal requirements, the 722 would be the machine to have, hands down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)