Tell me why I SHOULDN'T do DHP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BudShark

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
With the 811/522 offers looking very attractive (40 months before the lease price outweighs a discounted 811 at $199 - 80 months at full $399) DHP seems attractive to me.

So what if they require a 1 year commitment? I'd have to do that for the discounted SuperDish or 811 deal anyway.

So with that said - tell me the bad sides of DHP before I plunge into it at 12:01am on 11/01.

Thanks,
Chris

Well, as with any major decsion, you can invoke a time-honored traditional test: Would your Mom approve?

I'm wrestling with this very issue... I used to say 'fooey' to any leasing for such things prefering to have a bailout option, but I've been a Dish subscriber for a long time and it's not likely I'm going to change, so (maybe) why not do the DHP?

And... while we're at it: Is DHP really only for new subscribers? If so, I can be fed up with Dish real quick and my wife would instantly want to subscribe. :eek: If Dish were smart they'd allow old subscribers to sign up for DHP no questions asked.

Just a quick warning. The rumors are that the new DHP will be delayed past 11/1/03.

Aaaaarrrrrghhhh!!!

I take it that the general release of the 811 is delayed until this time?

Do they ever offer swap out or upgrade options for DHP customers?

Chris

I think that you would actually pay about $10 extra per month - $5 more for you package and $5 for the 811 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)