Telstar 11N's footprint to USA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
There's is new satellite's footprint from Lingsat's website!!:)

Here's the liink........

http://www.lyngsat.com/t11n.html

Just scrow down to on 12.052 GHz, V and the station is called Telekom Austria Prom and go to the right N.A. footprint from the 37.6*W location.

Please post of your reception TV DX report here!

Last edited:
Yeah, likely , haha.
There's a mountain in the way, I think, but I'm going to try it. Gotta have the Woohoo channel!

signal report:

So that's what keeps the gulf so warm?
They sure are pumping most of their signal into the water, aren't they? - :D

I get no reception out here. The bird is 1° below my horizon. - :rant:

Hey, this is cool. I was able to add one more channel: AFLENZ E-S

I don't know what the heck I am watching just yet, but they are showing uplink satellite dishes and it is really cool. They are explaining what area every satellite they use is covering and how their uplink station is connecting to them.

Television, radio, telephone and internet services.

Picking this up on TP 12.052 V SR 3617 FEC 3/4.
The uplink antenna #4 in Austria serves Europe and America (according to AFLENZ). TELEKOM AUSTRIA.

With a 1.2 M antenna and an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF I am picking this up and showing 51% Quality on my AZBox near Omaha, NE. Using USALS to position the motor to 37.6 W.

I recorded the program that they are showing on a continuous loop. There is a digital countdown timer like a ticking bomb at the beginning with beeps that lead into the program, way weird!

RADAR

Last edited:
Hey, this is cool. I was able to add one more channel: AFLENZ E-S

I don't know what the heck I am watching just yet, but they are showing uplink satellite dishes and it is really cool. They are explaining what area every satellite they use is covering and how their uplink station is connecting to them.

Television, radio, telephone and internet services.

Picking this up on TP 12.052 V SR 3617 FEC 3/4.
The uplink antenna #4 in Austria serves Europe and America (according to AFLENZ). TELEKOM AUSTRIA.

With a 1.2 M antenna and an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF I am picking this up and showing 51% Quality on my AZBox near Omaha, NE. Using USALS to position the motor to 37.6 W.

I recorded the program that they are showing on a continuous loop. There is a digital countdown timer like a ticking bomb at the beginning with beeps that lead into the program, way weird!

RADAR

Can you post a couple of pictures of it?

Thanks

Looks like the main 49 db beam is from Southern Mexico to South the top of South America and East to the Caribbean. Maybe that is their target area?
North America has a very good footprint overall.

Yeah, likely , haha.
There's a mountain in the way, I think, but I'm going to try it. Gotta have the Woohoo channel!

that's a pretty good channel, they show lots of water sports their, like surfing.
it has been their for a wile, on Intelsat 3r, their is also some real good s2 stuff on that sat.

I attempted to send the video clip, but I think it is too big, even when compressed. Here are some pix.

RADAR

Attachments

• cap_rec_19991231_245410.jpg
    cap_rec_19991231_245410.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 196
  • cap_rec_19991231_245625.jpg
    cap_rec_19991231_245625.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 197
  • cap_rec_19991231_245718.jpg
    cap_rec_19991231_245718.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 224
  • cap_rec_19991231_245949.jpg
    cap_rec_19991231_245949.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 205
  • cap_rec_20000101_010113.jpg
    cap_rec_20000101_010113.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 197
  • cap_rec_20000101_010125.jpg
    cap_rec_20000101_010125.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 199
  • cap_rec_20000101_010136.jpg
    cap_rec_20000101_010136.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 219
  • cap_rec_20000101_010201.jpg
    cap_rec_20000101_010201.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 192
This channel is evidently a marketing promotion. They keep looping the same "commercial promo" for AFLENZ. It is really cool and right up our alley regarding satellite technology. It is not extremely detailed, but there is a lot of good information here. I am going to play this for my Mom and my sister when they come up for chili today. This promo will help explain my hobby to them.

I kinda like it, I haven't seen anything quite like this before, as a promotional exercise. It's pretty neat! :up

RADAR

<mine went that far east, but I think its looking into the trunk of a walnut tree, which I don't want to cut. Not a hint of anything on blind-scan.

<mine went that far east, but I think its looking into the trunk of a walnut tree, which I don't want to cut. Not a hint of anything on blind-scan.

Dang trees anyway! LOL

Don't cut that tree for this channel. It isn't anything more than a promo and you're not missing out on a great deal here, not yet anyway. They may put something up there eventually, but they might encrypt it, too. I am just happy to see the signal and this one channel as something new just to play with for the moment.

RADAR

a buddy of mine works for space systems loral and workt on building this sat. i have been watching it since july i believe. i can lock it at about 65q on a cs8.1k in central canada (my dish may need tweaking this low). he figured it was pretty cool becuz i should be on the edge of the footprint at 101w. it has a multi continent beam and i think it can hit europe, africa and NA if i remember correctly. this is as low as i can lock from my in town location. my neighbours hedge gets in the way of hispasat @ 30w but ill lock it when i buy a place out of town. haha. this tp is a 5min promo loop about the efluenz sat tranmission system.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)