Viewsat 9000hd Firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.

giovanni1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I know that I have seen a link on the forum for the latest firmware...but a search cant find anything. It was up to version 4 (I believe). Right now my receiver says 1.

Anyone have any leads??

Thanks!!

Thanks but....

I dont see anything there for the 9000HD?

Also,

I have tried scanning with this receiver and have had no luck.
What I would like to do is transfer all channel info from my Coolsat 5000 over to the 9000HD.
Is that possible?
I dont see the 9000HD listed in Channelmaster.
I can pull the list off of my Coolsat but how do I gt it into the 9000HD?

Cannel list for Viewsat 9000HD

I am having problems Blind scanning with this reciever. Is it possible for me to transfer a channel list from my Coolsat 5000 through ChannelMaster? But I dont see a 9000HD option in Channelmaster.
Or can someone post a list for a 9000?

That Viewsat doesn't have blind-scan, I think that one and the Viewsat Max have been discussed several times lately. A lot of the earlier HD receivers came out with no blind-scan, only transponder scan (VS calls it Autoscan). Only scans transponders either already in the satellite's tp list, or ones entered manually.

The blind scan option is there....just does not pick anything up.

Can I somehow transfer the channel list from my Coolsat 5000 over to the 9000HD with ChannelMaster?

Can you "rename" the coolsat channel list's file extension to whatever viewsat uses? I've heard that mentioned before but don't recall if anybody ever tried and had success with it. Might be worth a try (save the VS channel list you have, first).

Convert channel list from Coolsat to Viewsat?

The blind scan on the Viewsat 9000HD has me stumped!! Just does not want to pick up anything.

I am running a Coolsat 5000 in another room with all the channels that I want scanned in. I have similar configuration feeding both receivers.

Is there a way fro me to get my Coolsat channel list into the 9000HD?
Please let me know.
Thanks!!

I know you really want an answer to this. Since the VS9K does not blind scan very well, it is difficult to get the box to simply do what you hope. Unfortunately, there exists no software to do this automatically. You have two options remaining:

1. Enter the transponders manually into the Viewsat and scan them one at a time until you build it's channel list up to the way your CS5K is.

2. On the Viewsat support site, there is a "HD Channel Editor v0.6" available, which will read and send channel and transponder lists to the 9K. You have the option here of not using the remote control to enter all of your transponder and satellite information. It is easier using the PC, however, I will warn you, this software is a bit flaky.

Either way, it's a more manual process than you're hoping for. I do not believe any alternative exists.

Thanks Iceberg!

Regarding the channel scans...

I have tried inputting a few transponders and channel infos on the 9000HD. It will only pick up some of the channels. It wont pick them all up, even if all the info has been input for that specific channel.

For instance, I started with a strong tp and input the info for k-tel, found it no problem.
Also put in info for both RTV east and west and found nothing. Even though my Coolsat 5000 in the other room has it running fine. Others sats are similar, with most of them on 'nothing' side.

Why is it not picking up the channels, even with the info manually input? The Auto scan and the Blind scan just wizzes right passed the inputted 'tp'.
Is there something else I should be doing?

I noticed on my vs max that some of the tp's with a low symbol rate the freqency of the tp needs to be off set by +5.For example the tp for the rtv channels which is 11735 needs to be set at 11740 on the max.

Tuner on viewsat may not be up to snuff. I had a VS Ultra for over 2years, it wasn't until I got a traxis that I even knew how much it was missing. I scanned 79W for 2years with the Ultra and it never found KTEL on a blind scan. Nor anything at all with a symbol rate under 3979, unless I input manually. If the SR was under 2000, wouldn't display the channel at all. If you have a good size dish and it's tuned to the arc as good as possible, and a decent lnbf you've probably done all you can do with that box. Guess that's why that coolsat is so often recommended here!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts