Viewsat 9000hd Firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a Viewsat Extreme 2000 sitting in the closet. Do you think I could scan with it first and then download the channel list from the extreme to the 9000HD?

I cant win with this receiver!!!

I have tried every configuration possible today and the bilnd scan wont pick up anything. Even with the tp's and the channel info punched in it wont pick anything up.
The only thing it will do is Auto scan the existing tp's in its memory. What good is that for FTA.
My only hope I guess is if someone can post a channel list here for a Viewsat 9000HD that has all of the ku band channels, it would be greatly appreciated. Even if it has more channels that are on 'C' band, I can delete those. I will load it via USB.

I will cross my fingers for a list!
Thanks

Even with the tp's and the channel info punched in it wont pick anything up.
The only thing it will do is Auto scan the existing tp's in its memory. What good is that for FTA.

My only hope I guess is if someone can post a channel list here for a Viewsat 9000HD ...

If you are not able to lock the transponder, feeding it a channel list is not going to help. The thing it might do is let you 'dwell' on a specific frequency for a long time, giving the box longer to establish a lock. However, the same thing can be accomplished in the Channel Scan > Search Edit TP function.

There is a blind scan option in the menus. It DOES NOT WORK. Never did, and never will.

I've got one. I know.

Channel editor is truly awful. It's faster/easier to just put in the transponders by hand.

Don't add too many satellites or you'll start seeing some really weird stuff. Mine started overwriting settings for other satellites after about 15.

Picture's good. And the PVR works with dual tuner with the latest firmware. I can't say whether or not the ATSC tuner works, or whether it works with the PVR as there isn't any digital OTA stuff here.

I have locked a C-Band S2 feed that was 4:2:2. But it was just a black screen with no audio on the Azbox at that time so I don't know if it actually does anything other than lock a signal. I've only ever tried it once, the day I got the Azbox. Last time the VS was plugged in, too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)