Telstar 12 @ 15W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jorgek

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Near Toronto
Now that the leaves are dropping I think I have LOS to Telstar 12.

Are there any active DVD-S TPs that I should try for or are they all S2?

Its much easier to find and lock onto a DVB-S signal especially with the Viewsat which is not S2 ready.

My goodness. Did you really get MSNBC? I can't get that anymore no matter how much I try. The strongest tp by far is TPAI/RTVGE on 11964 H 14714. It's the only DVB-S I can receive.

Last edited:
My goodness. Did you really get MSNBC? I can't get that anymore no matter how much I try. The strongest tp by far is TPAI/RTVGE on 11964 H 14714. It's DVB-S.

Thanks, I will input this TP into the Viewsat as well. Will wait for a few more leaves to drop. The only place that I can setup is at the top of my driveway which faces in an easterly direction.

My dish elevation is approx 9.5 degrees.

Invert the dish with LNB arm on top for those low elevations. I can track my whole arc with inverted dish since the highest elevation satellite I can receive is 35 degrees (AMC 9). It looks cool and keeps the LNB out of the dirt for a low-mounted dish.

My goodness. Did you really get MSNBC? I can't get that anymore no matter how much I try. The strongest tp by far is TPAI/RTVGE on 11964 H 14714. It's the only DVB-S I can receive.

Agreed that TPAI is probably the strongest, I'm using a 1.2m and get most of what the other guys see on this bird. Since I am in Michigan at the edge of the footprint, I have the dish inverted to get down to the 5deg elevation for my area.

Invert the dish with LNB arm on top for those low elevations. I can track my whole arc with inverted dish since the highest elevation satellite I can receive is 35 degrees (AMC 9). It looks cool and keeps the LNB out of the dirt for a low-mounted dish.

Never tried inverting a dish, never had to. Besides it won't overcome the LOS issue until the leaves drop.
We had major frost last night and its very windy this AM. The leaves are coming down big time. Its also about 30F. I'll wait for a warmer day later in the week to setup the dish.

Agreed that TPAI is probably the strongest, I'm using a 1.2m and get most of what the other guys see on this bird. Since I am in Michigan at the edge of the footprint, I have the dish inverted to get down to the 5deg elevation for my area.
Been looking at the footprints for 15W at Satbeams. Seems I'm well within good signals for a 33" dish.

Wuss.
I was out yesterday in windy 12F on a roof top re-setting & re-tuning my motor to track the arc properly.
Fingers were a bit chilly, almost took two cups of hot choclate to warm up after an hour and a half fine tuning. Works great now though. Can get great signals now from 30W but not a hint of a signal from 15W, at -3 deg below the deck here. :(

Telstar 12 - 15W
All good evening fans satellite tv
Has paid attention to companion Telstar 12-14,96 ° W. And it that almost equally shines both to Belarus and on Canada-Toronto. And to look at a card the identical distance will be. And a signal excellent in the USA-Canada and at us in Europe. On 15W at me an excellent signal, = the motor = - Dish-1,1 m.-85-100 %-quality - receiver Openbox-820 ci.?hannel your news =MSNBC=11531 H 3198-7/8 and in Europe at us goes, is now cloudy-signal on it of 85 %.
And it is interesting, what the signal at you - =quality = in Canada will be on Dish-1-1,2 m.
Thanks.
12w-ам.jpg -15w-рб-=.jpg 15 w-РБ-Lungsat.jpg 15w.jpg IMG_3127.jpg

Very good info.
I will be using a 80CM dish and looking for TP 11709 or 11964.
TP 11531 is for Europe and S. Africa.

???????.

jorgek
I will be using a 80CM dish and looking for TP 11709 or 11964.
Good morning a forum.
=jorgek = companion height in Toronto a little above, but has almost guessed. How will adjust on frequency 11709 V 3195? MSNBC, =jorgek=????? it is interesting to learn what signal. And exact height near to Maine. Almost identical height and with Minsk-39825 of km.
Торонто 15W.jpg 15w-Ðмер-.jpg http://www.satbeams.com/footprints

Great day to sat hunt. The temp is 50F and all the leaves are on the ground. Finally LOS to Telstar 12.

As promised I setup my 33" in the driveway and scanned in Telstar 12 @ 15W.
Took longer to set up all the gear than to find the bird. Took about 10 minutes to home in on the sat.
I have to give credit to Dishpointer.com for helping me.

Scanned in 79 channels of which TPAI and RTVGE are ITC.
TP 11709 (MSNBC) was not found.

On to the next challenge.

Forgot to mention the elevation markings on my dish are spot on. Dishpointer was 9.5[SUP]o [/SUP]and the elevation tab is just below the 10[SUP]o[/SUP] mark!

Attachments

• RTVGE.JPG
    RTVGE.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 186
  • TPAI.JPG
    TPAI.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Garage special.JPG
    Garage special.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Elevation.JPG
    Elevation.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Dish angle.JPG
    Dish angle.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 173
  • LNB skew.JPG
    LNB skew.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:
Pretty good with a 33" dish there jorgek.I am getting the 11707 tp with a 90cm Ariza using an Invacom qph-031.The signal is pretty weak at 9db`s but a solid lock which is about 45-46% Q with the AZ.Took a screen shot from my AZ but can not post.incorrect file extension.Hmm...Gotta figure that out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.