Telstar 12 Vantage from Miami

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gnr5

Original poster
May 23, 2017
Miami
Hello all,

I'm trying to hit Telstar 12 Vantage from Miami (Zip: 33326). Trying to watch Meridiano TV on 10983 H tp 8 Pan America. From the map it looks like it covers Florida, will I be able to hit it from here, if so with what antenna?

Thanks

Reports are this normally encrypted mux on 15W Ku band is temporarily in the clear. You could receive with a 30- or 36- inch dish in Miami and universal LNB. I am too far north to check. Maybe somebody in the southeastern US could check and confirm for you.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys gnr5.
Unless you know something we don't, this may not stay in the clear for long.
...however as stated above you should get it where you are. That is assuming you have a clear line of sight and a good 36in/1M dish. :)

Thinking of bringing an Inter Satelital receiver from South America, and pay my subscription to watch some local soccer matches. Is there a way to know how long they've been pointing over to Pan America? To see how temporary this will be?

The "temporary" referred to is about reception of the unscrambled signal. Right now it appears to be transmitting from the satellite without encryption, so a subscription isn't needed. This is quite common with pay TV channels and usually lasts a few days or weeks before they are encrypted again.

If you have an active subscription then you don't need to worry about that. You just need to worry about if the satellite can be received where you are.

The signal strength looks OK but the satellite is far over the Atlantic. That means it appears quite low in the sky from Florida, so neighboring trees, walls and buildings might block reception.

Go to dishpointer.com, enter your address and choose 15W Telstar 12V in the satellite drop-down and you'll get an idea of which direction the satellite is. You need to have a completely clear view along that line. The elevation is about 12 degrees above the horizon, so it's not very high in the sky. Have a look and decide if you have somewhere for a dish.

Reactions: Brct203

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts