Telstar12

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Birdman79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2006
North America
Is it possible to get Telstar 12 at 15 degree W? I looked at Lyngesat,and since i stay in southeast michigan,it's telling me to aim the dish at 8 degree elevation ,and 105 degrees for the azimuth.Is this even possible? I was under the impression that the beam doesn't reach at this part of the states.

How big of a dish would you recommend iceberg?Also do you think i'd be able to pick up Nilesat at (7W) ?

Last edited:
I use a 30" dish for Hispasat...footprint for T12 looks awesome. a 30" should be fine

Nilesat doesn't have a footprint here. When you look at Lyngsat, far column shows the area. All of Nilesat shows "Middle East"

I use a 30" dish for Hispasat...footprint for T12 looks awesome. a 30" should be fine

Nilesat doesn't have a footprint here. When you look at Lyngsat, far column shows the area. All of Nilesat shows "Middle East"

yeah that's right,i was looking at sat tracker for nilesat.My elevation was 1.5,which is really low.I was thinking about buying a 4' c band dish from sadoun,with a ku lnb,and trying my luck picking the furthest sat out there!!

The problem with T12 is it's proximity to the horizon. The dish will pick up a greatly enhanced earth noise level looking that low to the horizon. I use a 2.4 meter prime focus KU only dish and I leave it parked there much of the time. IRINN's MUX and a few others have a whopping signal while the NBC London paths 1, 2, and 3 along with their Baghdad path are not so hot, but are better since they changed transponders a few days ago.

Which TP, and pid is strongest? I've tried it with 1.2 but don't seem to be able to find that bird... probably too far on horizon. I can get to 33w with USALS, and then have to switch to 1.2 to find 30w. Would love to find 15, but am not sure it's possible. We do look like we are in the very far edge of the Americas beam (Missouri)... but it's a bit tricky trying to find something on 1.2 when you just keep hitting east button and crossing your fingers

Which TP, and pid is strongest? I've tried it with 1.2 but don't seem to be able to find that bird... probably too far on horizon. I can get to 33w with USALS, and then have to switch to 1.2 to find 30w. Would love to find 15, but am not sure it's possible. We do look like we are in the very far edge of the Americas beam (Missouri)... but it's a bit tricky trying to find something on 1.2 when you just keep hitting east button and crossing your fingers

11809 V 7595 is strong...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)