Status
Please reply by conversation.
T

tibeu

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC
Hello all,

According to Lyngsat, there is a new FTA music video channel on Telstar 12 @ 15West on a transponder that points to america, called TRACE TV. I saw this channel on a recent trip to Europe, it's a pretty cool channel from France that plays urban/hip hop videos mostly, if you're into that of course.. They just play the videos, no braindead veejays, reality show cra*p etc...

Being in Montreal (74W), my 36" motorized dish can normally see from 12W to 129W, but when the neighbors' tree grows leaves in the spring I lose line of sight from 12W to 20W... so I can't test it until november... arggh

I'm thinking of getting myself a 80cm fortecstar dish and just point to this sat from another area in my yard, but before I shell out some more $$, I would surely appreciate if someone from the Northeastern US or Canada that can see 15W can confirm that this channel is there, it's strength etc...

here's the info:

TRACE TV
Telstar 12 - 15W
Horiz. polarity
sr 8131

thanks!! :) :)

Michel

123tim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2005
Pennsylvania
Michel,

I can't confirm this right now, but give me a week or so. I have too many trees to motor to this location, and I'll have to move my dish to a better los. I've been interested in doing this for sometime anyway. There's a small ridge that might be an obstruction as well.
Sorry that I can't give an immediate answer.

Tim

N

No Strings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 17, 2005
Mitchell, South Dakota
I get a lock at 11964.5 with the Lyngsat parameters with my TT1260. Service ID is HIT-Radio and there is no video, only audio. I get a good lock on the G4 Mux too.

Neal

T

tibeu

Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC
Thanks Tim and Neal for your replies. Much appreciated. :up

It's strange that they would use that much bandwith for just audio, oh well... maybe they are still testing.

Neal, I'm surprised that you can see 15W from your location! :eek: Sure must be low over the horizon !! Or is your dish on a very very high pole ?? :D :D

Thanks again

Michel

N

No Strings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 17, 2005
Mitchell, South Dakota
tibeu said:
Thanks Tim and Neal for your replies. Much appreciated. :up

It's strange that they would use that much bandwith for just audio, oh well... maybe they are still testing.

Neal, I'm surprised that you can see 15W from your location! :eek: Sure must be low over the horizon !! Or is your dish on a very very high pole ?? :D :D

Thanks again

Michel
I am currently in Philly with the truck. :) I went as far as Atlantic Bird 2 before my antenna controller software limit kicked in.

Neal

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited by a moderator:

123tim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2005
Pennsylvania
No Strings said:
I am currently in Philly with the truck. :) I went as far as Atlantic Bird 2 before my antenna controller software limit kicked in.

Neal
Thanks from me too. This is good to know.

M

Marcyjok

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 5, 2004
worst case scenario
u can get TraceTV from 61,5 148 or 121 from Dishnetwork, subscribe ofcourse :)

T

tibeu

Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC
Marcyjok said:
worst case scenario
u can get TraceTV from 61,5 148 or 121 from Dishnetwork, subscribe ofcourse :)

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately, subbing to dish network is not an option for us Canucks...! :( :(

Maybe Bell ExpressVu will start carrying it someday, apparently TraceTV has the go-ahead from the CRTC (Canada's FCC) to be broadcast by canadian distributors.

Michel

T

tibeu

Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC
No Strings said:

Neal

Had not noticed the picture of your truck in your post until today, Neal ! WOW! My wife would sure love that in our driveway.... :devil:

N

No Strings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 17, 2005
Mitchell, South Dakota
tibeu said:
Had not noticed the picture of your truck in your post until today, Neal ! WOW! My wife would sure love that in our driveway.... :devil:
You don't need to leave it, internet, Direct TV, FTA, and a shower/toilet, and bed!

Neal

T

tibeu

Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC
123tim said:
Tibeu,
Would you mind if I asked what your line of work is? Need an assistant? :)

Hi 123Tim,

I'm sure you meant to ask that question to NoStrings (Neal), not me. I'm not the one with the truck! hehe

regards,
Michel

Status
Please reply by conversation.