Temporary dish move for 1 night. Possible?

drodavich

Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
WV
Hello all,

We are having a bachelor party at a garage (20 miles from my house) that does not have cable/satellite and we want to order the UFC fight. Can I take my dish and mount it at the garage? I have a SAT finder so I can find the bird. I have some satellite experience and I really dont see why it wouldnt work but I talked to a DISH representative who said it wouldnt. However, I think I was the first to ask the question because she didnt seem very confident in her answer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
David

it will work if you can find the sat the fight is on, and you could use any single lnb dish if you don't want to remove the one at your house.
really need to know the receiver and dish combo you are going to try and use.

it will work if you can find the sat the fight is on, and you could use any single lnb dish if you don't want to remove the one at your house.
really need to know the receiver and dish combo you are going to try and use.

VIP 211 reciever. I guess I will hook my sat finder up to see what satellite I am on at the house. Im a little confused because in my system info it shows 3 satellites (119,110,129). How is that even possible?

A Dish 1000.2 points at 110/119/129 simultaneously.

Find out what channel the event is going to be on then click on "The List!" at the top of this page to see what satellite it's on. Tuning to the PPV channel will sometimes give you a false reading unless you authorize the event.

I would be hesitant to dismantle your current Dish 1000.2 if you aren't sure how to aim these things. A single dish with I adapter is much easier to aim and peak on a single satellite.

Good luck!

See ya
Tony

A Dish 1000.2 points at 110/119/129 simultaneously.

Find out what channel the event is going to be on then click on "The List!" at the top of this page to see what satellite it's on. Tuning to the PPV channel will sometimes give you a false reading unless you authorize the event.

I would be hesitant to dismantle your current Dish 1000.2 if you aren't sure how to aim these things. A single dish with I adapter is much easier to aim and peak on a single satellite.

Good luck!

See ya
Tony

Thanks for the advice. I dont have any other equipment besides a good old 'bird dog' and inclinometer to find the satellite so I dont have another dish that I'm able to use or I would. Does anyone know the offset of the dish?

I just remembered, one of my rentals has a dish on it that is not being used. PERFECT! I will let you all know how difficult it is to find a Satellite with a low gain dish. The smallest dish I have ever pointed so far is a 1.8 meter.

I hope your not charging an admission fee or advertising the UFC fight. They got people (like me) going around checking for illegal showings of the UFC fights.

The fines and legal hassle is just crazy if someone busts you.

I hope your not charging an admission fee or advertising the UFC fight. They got people (like me) going around checking for illegal showings of the UFC fights.

The fines and legal hassle is just crazy if someone busts you.

I havent become so desparate for money that I have to try to make money at someone elses bachelor party yet. haha But you are more than welcome to come watch the fight for free and enjoy some free beer. :D

Looks like the fight is on 110w / chanel 454. Can anyone confirm? How do I know if I am recieving on the vertical or horizonal pole? Or does it matter with dish? Im just trying to tie this in with some previous experience I have.

your far better off to buy a dish for traveling, and a tv antenna tripod.

Makes settng up a breeze:)

Well I see you are from Pittsburgh. That means you are close enought that I can just borrow yours!! haha. I would buy one but this will probably be the only time I have to do this. If I buy a camper I would definitly buy one for traveling. And if my investments go right, maybe an auto deploy. :D

Last edited:
That's basically what I was going to say. it will either be on 110, or 129*. That old dish was probably either pointed at 129 (the El would be set a low number), or at the 61.5 ( the El will be set high, and more than likely what it was pointed at). Horizontal, and vertical switching is done in the LNB as you change channels from odds to evens so there is nothing you need to do while setting it up to accommodate for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts