Tennis Channel?

athenaeum

Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
I know it's been uplinked for testing on channel #400. I called Dish (big mistake)... the CSR said she didn't have any knowledge about the Tennis Channel and that I 'should just watch ESPN2 on Channel #144'.

So, does anyone have more info as far as a possible launch date?

Thanks to anyone with info.

Sorry wish I could help. Someone here will give you some info.

But welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!!!!!

Tennis Channel

I know it's a niche channel with limited demand, however I eagerly await it. I hope it comes on soon.

ke4est said:
Sorry wish I could help. Someone here will give you some info.

But welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!!!!!
Thanks! I've been lurking for months finally decided to join up. :)

it is uplinked right now...so that might be a good sign :)

They might be working out the details of the agreement

TLaz said:
I know it's a niche channel with limited demand, however I eagerly await it. I hope it comes on soon.

Oooh, Tlaz, you're obviously new here. On the Satelliteguys forum, any channel YOU are interested in is a top priority in high demand. Any channel you are NOT interested in is a "waste of bandwidth" that "nobody watches". :)

If you stray from this posting format, you will be accused of being an employee of DISH and/or the channel you are discussing, a liar, an idiot, or all three.

Oh, and on behalf of the sensible minority... :welcome

Wow, where did that come from M Sparks? I disagree with your assessment, but to the two new memebers - TLaz and athenaeum - Welcome!!

M Sparks said:
Oooh, Tlaz, you're obviously new here. On the Satelliteguys forum, any channel YOU are interested in is a top priority in high demand. Any channel you are NOT interested in is a "waste of bandwidth" that "nobody watches". :)

If you stray from this posting format, you will be accused of being an employee of DISH and/or the channel you are discussing, a liar, an idiot, or all three.

Oh, and on behalf of the sensible minority...

I would assume cynical sarcasm . . . but bloody hilarious. Although, it has been a while since I have seen a good throw down on these forums as of late -- (although there are the people who are not please that all the sports channels are being added).

That said, with baseball season approaching, the "When will dish get YES" posts are coming . . . with the inevitable "never, and the Yankees suck" reply.

That said, with baseball season approaching, the "When will dish get YES" posts are coming . . . with the inevitable "never, and the Yankees suck" reply
coming?

damn things never left...we just had one about a week or so ago

adawhi said:
I would assume cynical sarcasm . . . but bloody hilarious. Although, it has been a while since I have seen a good throw down on these forums as of late -- (although there are the people who are not please that all the sports channels are being added).

That said, with baseball season approaching, the "When will dish get YES" posts are coming . . . with the inevitable "never, and the Yankees suck" reply.

I'm actually excited about this channel though I could care less about most Sports channels. I'm NOT a giant Football fan and though I do like Basketball don't watch it much and can't. Now more unorthodox sports like Karate as well as events like the Kumite I'm interested in.

I'm excited too - I'm hoping they hurry and launch.
There's a lot of good events upcoming on this channel in the next few weeks.

Now we return to "Badminton Today"! zzzzzzzz
I had this on cable so you're not missing much.

athenaeum said:
I'm excited too - I'm hoping they hurry and launch.
There's a lot of good events upcoming on this channel in the next few weeks.
It wont launch till those events are over!! (much cheaper):p

I hope Dish gets the Tennis Channel soon. I used to watch the Tennis Channel on Cband before it was encrypted. For now, I can find many of the Tennis Channel live feeds on mpeg2/dvb FTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)