Terk 5x8 and 18" dual LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wambrose

Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
I just rewired the house following a major renovation, and installed a Terk 5x8 multiswitch. I have a round dish (slightly elliptical circa 1997 Sony actually) with dual LNB, but when I attached one cable to one of A inputs and another to the first B, I found that I could not receive odd trasponders on 101. When the cables were connected directly, I got all channels.

Before I redo all the cabling, try to reset dish, etc, does a 5x8 work with only two (one A + one B) satellite inputs? The marketing lit says yes. I tried various combinations w/ no luck. I did not try both in A or both in B, maybe I will tonight.

If I have to do all the cabling I will just go ahead and get a new HD dish and have installer connect to multi-switch. Was hoping to put off if can get to work w/ old dish (spent way too much $ on renovation).

Thanks for any help

wambrose said:
I just rewired the house following a major renovation, and installed a Terk 5x8 multiswitch. I have a round dish (slightly elliptical circa 1997 Sony actually) with dual LNB, but when I attached one cable to one of A inputs and another to the first B, I found that I could not receive odd trasponders on 101. When the cables were connected directly, I got all channels.

Before I redo all the cabling, try to reset dish, etc, does a 5x8 work with only two (one A + one B) satellite inputs? The marketing lit says yes. I tried various combinations w/ no luck. I did not try both in A or both in B, maybe I will tonight.

If I have to do all the cabling I will just go ahead and get a new HD dish and have installer connect to multi-switch. Was hoping to put off if can get to work w/ old dish (spent way too much $ on renovation).

Thanks for any help
The 5 X 8 is overkill with only a 18" dish. The two lines from the dish have to be connected to the "A" inputs to give you odd and even transponders. The "B" inputs are for 110 & 119 satellites. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)