Terk 5x8 and 18" dual LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wambrose

Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
I just rewired the house following a major renovation, and installed a Terk 5x8 multiswitch. I have a round dish (slightly elliptical circa 1997 Sony actually) with dual LNB, but when I attached one cable to one of A inputs and another to the first B, I found that I could not receive odd trasponders on 101. When the cables were connected directly, I got all channels.

Before I redo all the cabling, try to reset dish, etc, does a 5x8 work with only two (one A + one B) satellite inputs? The marketing lit says yes. I tried various combinations w/ no luck. I did not try both in A or both in B, maybe I will tonight.

If I have to do all the cabling I will just go ahead and get a new HD dish and have installer connect to multi-switch. Was hoping to put off if can get to work w/ old dish (spent way too much $ on renovation).

Thanks for any help

wambrose said:
I just rewired the house following a major renovation, and installed a Terk 5x8 multiswitch. I have a round dish (slightly elliptical circa 1997 Sony actually) with dual LNB, but when I attached one cable to one of A inputs and another to the first B, I found that I could not receive odd trasponders on 101. When the cables were connected directly, I got all channels.

Before I redo all the cabling, try to reset dish, etc, does a 5x8 work with only two (one A + one B) satellite inputs? The marketing lit says yes. I tried various combinations w/ no luck. I did not try both in A or both in B, maybe I will tonight.

If I have to do all the cabling I will just go ahead and get a new HD dish and have installer connect to multi-switch. Was hoping to put off if can get to work w/ old dish (spent way too much $ on renovation).

Thanks for any help
The 5 X 8 is overkill with only a 18" dish. The two lines from the dish have to be connected to the "A" inputs to give you odd and even transponders. The "B" inputs are for 110 & 119 satellites. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)