Terk antenna with a dual tuner

Roadwarrior

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
Pacific NW
Ok, is there anyway to install a Terk antenna in a system with a dual-tuner if TV2 has already been diplexed?

I"ve never installed one of these things and I have a customer who cannot receive locals or distant networks. I figured that once I get the thing hooked up and actually start messing with it I'd figure it out. But the more I go over it in my head, it just doesn't seem to work. Even if TV2 were hardlined, would I be able to diplex the off-air signal so TV2 can get the it as well?

Run a second cable. Save yourself the frustration. I use a legacy 42 switch to inject power to 2 42 terk clip ons ( I have 2 dishes, a d1000 an a 500 pointed at 61.5), one for digital and one for analoge and split one of the feeds combinned with TV1/2 to 4 rooms, and one room without the ota but with the cable modem signal along with tv1/2.

My distribution panel in the garage looks like spaghetti inside, but it all works beautifully:

dist.jpg

yeah. The problems with running a second cable are:

1) The attic access is a tiny 2'X2' opening in a cram-packed closet right above a built-in shelf.
2) The crawl space underneath the house is basically blocked by an enormous heat/air unit.

There is only one possible location for the Dish, and I already had to run about 40 feet of dual RG-6 with messenger from the dish to the meter-box so I could ground it. (The lines are straight and neat, but they still don't like having the cable visible, even though it is on the side of the house, and grounded on the back of the house.) From the ground block I used existing cable(RG-6, but it's about 10 years old) to power the 311 and the backfeed for the 625. I managed to run a new line for the 625, but it's well hidden in the corner of the eave. They want local channels on TV2(which ended up in the living room because I figured the existing RG-6 would be safe for that) and to the 311. In order to run 2 new lines to those 2 rooms, i'm basically going to have to wrap the house(not a small house), and they won't stand for it. I guess they are just TSOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts