Terk TR44 antenna

mlbfans

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Waunakee, Wisconsin
I would like to run a separate line for off air channels without having any Directv receivers attached.
Is there any special amp I need for this?

I would like to run a separate line for off air channels without having any Directv receivers attached.
Is there any special amp I need for this?

It all depends how far you are from your towers and how far the antenna is designed for.
Most of your answers can be answered here :
AntennaWeb

If you give us your zip code we can probably help you further.
If your close enough you probably won't need an amp.

Jimbo

mlbfans,
After finding out which antenna the Terk TR44 is.
This is the one you mount "ON " the dish ?

IF so, I would not count on it doing much for you, reason is, UNLESS your towers happen to be in the exact direction as your dish, you have no flexability to adjust the antenna directionally to point to your towers.

Seeing I have no other info yet to work with, it looks like you are OK with an outdoor antenna ?
If so look around, you can proabably find a real good OTAantenna for thew same $ 70 your spending there.

btw, OTA IS the way to go for the best digital signals

Jimbo

It's a TV-44, it clips on the back of my dish, my locals are 10 miles away,the antenna is pointing toward the towers (2) and my zip code is 53597..

It's a TV-44, it clips on the back of my dish, my locals are 10 miles away,the antenna is pointing toward the towers (2) and my zip code is 53597..

If the Sat dish IS pointed in the same direction as you towers, that would be why it's working for you, that will normally not be the case.

Wow, after looking at the antennaweb site I see that all your towers are indeed in the general direction of the sat.
Sat approx 225* and your towers are all at 208*
Unless your looking to get the CW network, which is a bit north of the rest of them.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)