HR20-700 {CE:10:02} - 0x1C?

ScoBuck

'Just Chillin'
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 11, 2006
Long Island, NY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Systems in this CE / Version

Software Download Window:
Saturday; November 17, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Chance of availability: 75%
Be sure to monitor the threads and chat room to check on final availability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MUST READ AND AGREE TO: - The CE Rules, Faq and Tips Thread... Here

Please join "us" in the CHAT room, about 15 minutes before the window opens... and till... well to the last person turns off the lights...
DBSTalk.Com -

Important notes regarding this version
This is the second version of this very aggressive CE cycle.
And with that, there is a SIGNIFICANTLY increased level of risk involved with this fversion.

MediaShare is getting some significant updates this cycle, so right now... there is the possibility that using some of the new mediashare features could freeze/lockup the unit.

There is LITTLE risk that your box will become a brick... and if you are having to many issues, role back to the national release version.

So please... you must absolutely understand these risks, before forcing this download
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of Last National Release)
Items from CE:10:01
Items from CE:10:02

Improved
01 - Recording dependability

Updated
01 - Items in the DoD download queue, will remain after a system reboot

New feature(s)
01 - Triple Tap Lookup for DoD: When on a DoD page, you can use the # keys on your remote to enter letters in "cellphone/SMS" style. AKA: Hit #2 Three times to get a C
01 - Adult Channel Hiding: This is an update parental control that is currently on the R15. When you enable this, it completely REMOVES the adult rated channels from the listings, almost as if they don't exist.
01 - SLB Updates: Phase I - The live buffer should no longer EVER flush out for any other reason then changing the channel on the live buffer. Note the Phase I, they are planning more updates for the SLB
01 - IP Callback: The ethernet/internet connection, will now be used for communication back to DirecTV for: PPV purchases, GameLounge, and other items that the phone line was required for
01 - Mediashare Video Support: Phase I - You can now access video files from your PC. Note the Phase I, they are still working on additional codec's and full codec support; There is the possibility you will get video but no audio. This is a known issue, and will be worked on for future builds
01 - 30 Second Skip: You will now have the choice between 30s SKIP or SLIP. To enable: Keyword Search 30SKIP or 30SLIP

Notes
Absolutely 100% make sure you understand the risks of this download; I want to see ZERO rants about any stability issues or noted issues/items above.
02 - This version still carries a high risk level

Note to other sites and users of those sites:
You are permitted to copy this CE Announcement in it's entirety (including this disclaimer) without modification so long as you provide a clickable link to DBSTalk.Com.

0x1CA was last Saturdays 11/17 latest CE which I was able to download at 11pm sharp on eastern time. CE releases I believe go national at 11pm eastern time and end 2:30am, just factor the difference in time based on your time zone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)