Terk TV44 hook-up to vip622

buglemt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Anybody know how to hook a Terk TV44 up to a vip622 that only has one cable coming into the house? I'm trying to get my Local HD channels. I had one, but my second SD TV wouldn't work. Do I need some special diplexer?

I don't know if it matters but I have a Dish 1000 pointed at 110,119 and 129.

The only way to do that is to run another cable in from the antenna or to run a direct-feed for your second tv. you can only diplex one feed, you cant run your backfeed and antenna signal down the line

I have access to another line that comes into my house. Since the Terk TV44 is hooked up to my Satellite for power can I just run another cable from the Terk? Will it still get the power from the Satellite?

You can easily do this as I have done it for 3 years or more with a dish 500 , then a dish 1000 and now with a dish 1000.2 . IF you have the lnbs plugged into the IN port on the terk 44 antenna , and you have the coaxes already run to the different receivers in your house from the OUT port on the antenna , then it is a simple matter of putting diplexors on each coax cable inside of your house.

Put the diplexor on the coax behind the receiver and then run the TV side of the diplexor to your antenna port or a splitter that runs to your antenna ports on your tv and your 622 receiver , vcr etc. From the SAT side of the diplexor you run the coax to the dishpro seperator that will split your sat cable into two cables for the two sat inports.

Remember the diplexor goes onto the coax cable coming in to your house FIRST then you can run it to the seperator and to the antenna port on your receiver or to a splitter that can be split to the various antenna devices: vcr, tv, dvd recorder, sat receiver.

The terk 44 is the easiest way to get sat and antenna on the same coaxes without putting up a big aireal antenna if you are within 35 miles from the broadcast towers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)