Terrible Customer Service!!

adrian777,

Heh... well... how funny.

All of those receivers you mention are smartcard-less, as in 'they do not use external, swappable smartcards' but instead, have an 'embedded card inside' (with the exception of the DP311, which original revision came with one of the old, blue smartcards. All subsequent revisions of this model were smartcard-less).

All smartcards are linked to their respective receivers in E* system, so like many others have already mentioned, the cards are not interchangeable between devices unless E* re-programs them to be used with a different receiver, and even then, they still are linked to a unique, single device.

The H,I also have a 4900 receiver.That needs a smart card.The older 811's did need a Smart card but the newer ones don't because I had a 811 before and I sent it back and when Dish Network got the Voom channels I got the newer version of the 811 where they don't need the smart card.They do work in other receivers if you give them the smart card number and the receiver number because I have done this.I went through the same thing that enjoy outdoors is going through my one 4900 receiver went bad and they sent me a replacement and I ended up getting 2 yellow cards.They sent me an extra card for the 4900.They went from the blue to the yellow on the 4900 and I received an extra yellow card.How about them apples.Before opening up mouth and inserting foot know what you are talking about.Because of the extra card I switched it out with the 311 which the card was intended for the 4900 so it does work in other receivers and gave dish the receiver and smart card number and it works great.

No foot on mouth for me.

You should explain yourself better. All that you are saying now is your little version of a previous statement of mine.

Yes, we know cards can be used on different receivers, but ONLY (as I mentioned in my previous post) if E* changes the card/receiver info on their system first. You CAN NOT swap them, one for the other, just like that, without intervention from Charlie's people. That's exactly what your original two posts appeared to point out and that's why we did (and I'm still going at it) mention that your info was wrong.

adrian777,

Heh... well... how funny.

All of those receivers you mention are smartcard-less, as in 'they do not use external, swappable smartcards' but instead, have an 'embedded card inside' (with the exception of early revisions of the 311 and the 811, which came with one of the old, blue smartcards. All subsequent revisions of these models were smartcard-less).

All smartcards are linked to their respective receivers in E* system, so like many others have already mentioned, the cards are not interchangeable between devices unless E* re-programs them to be used with a different receiver, and even then, they still are linked to a unique, single device.

No foot on mouth for me.

You should explain yourself better. All that you are saying now is your little version of a previous statement of mine.

Yes, we know cards can be used on different receivers, but ONLY (as I mentioned in my previous post) if E* changes the card/receiver info on their system first. You CAN NOT swap them, one for the other, just like that, without intervention from Charlie's people. That's exactly what your original two posts appeared to point out and that's why we did (and I'm still going at it) mention that your info was wrong.

You CANNOT swap cards to other receivers in this case....period

The system will only allow the Dish sent cards to work in the receiver. Because you put it in receivers with the external smartcard disabled, of course its going to work. Did you see the S# change on the system install screen? Doubt it.

I know for a fact it won't work because I have tried it. I just got my yellow card for the 301 and I put it in the 5000 for fun and it wouldn't work. It would only work with the 301.

adrian777 said:
They do work in other receivers if you give them the smart card number and the receiver number because I have done this.I went through the same thing that enjoy outdoors is going through my one 4900 receiver went bad and they sent me a replacement and I ended up getting 2 yellow cards.They sent me an extra card for the 4900.They went from the blue to the yellow on the 4900 and I received an extra yellow card.How about them apples.Before opening up mouth and inserting foot know what you are talking about.Because of the extra card I switched it out with the 311 which the card was intended for the 4900 so it does work in other receivers and gave dish the receiver and smart card number and it works great.

You may be able to get a tech person to "marry" the card to the receiver, but sending it to someone else WILL NOT WORK because it is registered to you.

yellow card.

The card hasn't been activated yet because I had 2 sent to me by mistake so It hasn't been used yet.So there iceberg.

adrian777 said:
The card hasn't been activated yet because I had 2 sent to me by mistake so It hasn't been used yet.So there iceberg.

It doesn't matter... each card is linked to a specific receiver ID # on E* system.

adrian777 said:

Some of us are installer's my man, and we have tried everything in the world to do exactly what you said you did on a whim. You would have to call Dish and ask them to marry the SC to a different receiver, but good luck getting them to do that. You'd be lucky to have the card working right after a day on the phone.

adrian777 said:

You just said you had them activate it to the other receiver's.....or am I having some trouble redin your riten.

Yellow cards

Like I said I received 2 and I had the one activate and the other one I received by mistake and it's just still just sitting in the drawer.The card I had activated and when they sent me the 811 and I sent back my 4900 in the exchange I took the yellow card and put it in my 311.So this 2nd card hasn't been used yet.All I had to do is call Dish Network and had the card activated for 311.Gave them the smart card number and the receiver and it works.What kind of receiver do you have which you haven't answered yet and have you called dish network about your card and have you received it yet.Have they sent it out yet?Let me know if you want it.I'm going to the Post Office today and if you want it I will send it to you free of charge and by Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.LET ME KNOW.I will be going around 12:00 CENTRAL TIME.

Yellow Card

Did you get your new card yet.I have one free if you want it.Let me know.

Mpeg4 Dvr?

811 and favorites list issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)