GEOSATpro tested my two dish setup with multple satellite scan on the microhd.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
deleted all channels before the tests. 21 k band, 26 c band. all satellites between 72w and 135w which is my field of view on the 6' which was one of the dishes. the other was the 1.2 with dg380. one thing i learned is that in the detailed scan the frequency window came up with k band freqs but when the microhd got to the c band satellites, they were scanned without any problem
first test, blind scan detailed. took 8 hours, found 612 tv, 270 radio.
second test, pre-programed tps. i expected tps to be the same. took little less than one hour, 607 tv, 282 radio. 575 tp's.

i noticed when 97w, c band was scanned, a lot of the 99w channels scanned in also. i am going to test dropping the hearts on some of the satellites so they don't scan and then put the heart back and see if the previous scanned channels are still there. if they are, delete the extra channels and then do a preprogrammed scan just on those satellites. charlie

"Dropping the Hearts" from an ajacent satellite won't stop the receiver from scanning in its channels, if your dish is seeing both sats at the same time due to mis-aiming, or your dish just seeing too much degree of sky..

The channels will just scan in (added to) thinking they are part of whatever the primary sat is you are scanning.

You are using a 6' dish. That is why you are getting adjacent channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts