Tetherberry

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
For all you blackberry users who want to tether, I highly reccomend tetherberry.

I got it yesterday on sale for a one time fee of $24, I think regular price is $49 or so.

Setup was simple. Install on your computer, install on your phone, connect them and start the app. Thats all I had to do, and I was using my phone as a 3g modem to surf on the laptop. Speed was far better than I expected. I tested once yesterday evening and was hitting 1.5mps. I have tested my phone before and have seen 3.5mps on a couple of tests. If that speed can be seen in bursts with tetherberry, I am not sure. I will keep you updated.

Great to have as a backup or for travel.

Forgot to mention that tetherberry has changed its name to simply Tether, and is expanding the service to work with Windows, android, and Iphone

Forgot to mention that tetherberry has changed its name to simply Tether, and is expanding the service to work with Windows, android, and Iphone

And people will pay for something they don't need... WinMo only needs a few regedits when using a stock ROM, aftermarkets are already done for you. I know Android has some free stuff too from what I read.

If you're still on Cellular South, that's EVDO, max output is 3.2 I believe with a perfect connection to the tower (not likely). Real world tops around 2.4 or so, but it all depends on the bandwidth to the tower. In rural areas, companies will only have one T1 for data, so max is 1.5 even though the debug screen on the phone shows a 2.4 megabit EVDO connection. I love the ability to tether...and also create a hot spot with my phone, very cool stuff.

And people will pay for something they don't need... WinMo only needs a few regedits when using a stock ROM, aftermarkets are already done for you. I know Android has some free stuff too from what I read.

If you're still on Cellular South, that's EVDO, max output is 3.2 I believe with a perfect connection to the tower (not likely). Real world tops around 2.4 or so, but it all depends on the bandwidth to the tower. In rural areas, companies will only have one T1 for data, so max is 1.5 even though the debug screen on the phone shows a 2.4 megabit EVDO connection. I love the ability to tether...and also create a hot spot with my phone, very cool stuff.

Thanks the info!

I know with the speedtest I ran on the phone (not with tether) I showed 3.5, but I am sure that can be off some. It wasnt that high every time (most in the 2.0-2.5 range), but that was the highest I saw.

Using tetherberry, using speakeasy, I registered 1.5 or so yesterday. Plenty fast enough for your general surfing and such.

Glad to have it now! Wasnt aware that windows was that easy to tether with, blackberries can be done as well from what I have read, but tetherberry is generally the easiest way for most to do it with a berry. It will come in handy on trips and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts