Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Just trying to get an idea of what you guys think of this app, if you use it

I tether my Storm quite often, but just use the free Verizon application (which works quite well). What does this tetherberry do?

I tether my Storm quite often, but just use the free Verizon application (which works quite well). What does this tetherberry do?
Supposedly you can use it to tether without paying any added tether fees.

Of course if your provider does not have fees, then there may not be a point.

It is also handy if you are with a smaller company that does not offer a tether plan.

Yeah, I am trying to decide. I would rarely use it I imagine, but it is a one time fee, after that costs you nothing. So...

Most carriers have langage in their agreements prohibiting you from doing this without paying them for it, but I suppose if your carrier doesn't offer it.... Plus, I'm not sure how they would know or what they would do if they found out, but most of them have monthly bandwidth limitations in place, even for their "unlimited" plans, to keep you from doing this kind of thing, and they will start messing with you if you go over that number.....

Also, the speed is not really worth it (and is bad enough to drive you to madness in some cases) unless your phone is Rev. A capable and you're in a good area.

Of course, none of that answers your question - I use Vz's app too, and my company pays for the fees.

From what I have been able to find, cellular south (the carrier I am with) has no limit whatsoever on how much you can use, and the coverage in this area is great for 3g access.

I dont know yet though. I need more info on it I guess

They offer a free trial so maybe I will try it out. I don't know how much Verizon caps my data but knowing them I will probably be over the data limit by the end of the trial....

Yeah sorry, my company pays for the tethering. Most of the time I find the connection speed pretty good on Verizon. I use this a decent amount when I'm at clients that don't like us on their network or when I'm in the car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts