AppleTV 4K Users Question

I have an update to this behavior. I have been watching YouTube via the LG’s YouTube App and that was working, until I read this Apple News+ article about the updated YouTube App on the Apple 4K “hijacking” the 4K Aerial Screensaver with the new YouTube screensavers. I went to look at the App Store listing for YouTube and it still showed the version it has since last December. But it still had choppy audio whenever I tried watching anything.

So I went nuclear - I Reset to Factory and Downloaded the latest tvOS to my AppleTV 4K. I will note that I had been upgrading as new versions came out and it never went away. After some time to do the install, I went through the new Apple TV set up procedure and waited for the Apps I had to download. When I launched the YouTube App, eureka! The sound issue was cured!

The only downside is I now have to log back into all my Apps…
The frustrations of going nuclear.

I don’t tend to use YouTube on my Apple TV, but definitely don’t want to lose the Apple screen savers.

Apple servers are not working?

Started to have trouble with Apple TV earlier this evening. Lost You Tube. Checked You Tube on my TIVO and it was working fine. Next the Apple TV You Tube app just came up with a black screen. Checked Netflix and it played video just fine.

Went to my iphone and safari was not working. iphone said I am not connected to the internet, however Chrome loaded web pages just fine.

Tried to install the latest WatchOS 10.6 which had already downloaded but install couldn't Verify because it said I am not connected to the internet. which was false because Chrome loads and plays videos fine. Safari says I am not connected to the internet. I rebooted the iphone and it still shows the same issue.

So this morning I was able to download the watchOS 10.6 to my iphone but after download, the next step is to verify the download and I got this message again:
IMG_0515.PNG
Internet is fine! Checked several browsers and all worked including Safari.

I decided to try a different network. I shut off WIFI and switched to LTE via Verizon.

This time "verify" was instantly recognized and the 10.6 installed in a minute.

I'm flummoxed! The message makes no sense.

Next I check the iphone for updates and it too fails to see if there is an update but I switch to LTE and says I have an important update iOS 17.6. Installing that now on my iphone.

So it appears something has changed in my wifi router last evening that will not allow me to download iOS updates.

Going to check my wife's phone and watch next.

• Wow
Reactions: Foxbat
Went into my router settings and discovered the https option was not checked. ???

I selected that and then went to test my wife's iphone for updates and it is now doing the install just fine on wifi about 6 times faster than mine did on LTE.

I guess that was the problem. For some reason Apple diagnostics was not specific enough for the average guy to know the problem. This change requirement to be https was new last evening when my Apple TV+ just lost You Tube channel but none of the others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxbat and navychop

Final Cut Camera

Apple Vision Pro Gets a Release Date