Upgraded to BlackBerry Curve: Finally!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Hello folks. My company FINALLY decided to upgrade our prehistoric Motorola Razr's to the Blackberry Curve 8320.

I really don't know what to expect as I've never owned a smartphone. Friends have the iPhone and rave about it. I know others with BB's, but have never really played with them much.

Any tips? What should I expect? I'll be using it for work and for recreation.

there is a great site for blackberries called crackberry.com that I go to alot, but I wish your company would have held out for a newer one as the curve isnt getting the 5.0 upgrade later this year...but it still is a GREAT phone.

I have the 8830 and am waiting on the new Tour model (probably, have not totally decided).
The curve is a great phone. I second checking out crackberr.com. Tons of info on updating the software, apps, housings, ect.

Enjoy:up

I have the 8830 and am waiting on the new Tour model (probably, have not totally decided).
The curve is a great phone. I second checking out crackberr.com. Tons of info on updating the software, apps, housings, ect.

Enjoy:up

Tour looks like a amazing phone, if I didnt have a 3gs I would have a Blackberry bold which is sorta kinda similar to the tour.

I have the 8300 series through my employer. The buttons are SO small! Dont cut your fingernails, you are going to need them.

Tour looks like a amazing phone, if I didnt have a 3gs I would have a Blackberry bold which is sorta kinda similar to the tour.

Yeah, they are similiar, the tour is slightly smaller, although slightly bigger than my curve. I see it as a great compromise.
I wish I knew why they left 3g off of the new curve...makes no sense.

I do like the iphone platform. I have an Ipod Touch. Very slick. Just dont like the AT&T service where I am compared to Cell South (and I have a darn AT&T tower less than 200 yards away! lol).

I did swapp from a blackberry world edition last year to the HTC 6800 (also a decent phone). After I swapped back to a blackberry (curve), this is probably where I will stay.

I have the 8300 series through my employer. The buttons are SO small! Dont cut your fingernails, you are going to need them.

True. It is something you can get used to, but I liked the keyboard on the 8830 I had better, it was bigger. Which is one reason I want to upgrade to the tour soon.
Otherwise, I still love the curve.

Hello folks. My company FINALLY decided to upgrade our prehistoric Motorola Razr's to the Blackberry Curve 8320.

I really don't know what to expect as I've never owned a smartphone. Friends have the iPhone and rave about it. I know others with BB's, but have never really played with them much.

Any tips? What should I expect? I'll be using it for work and for recreation.

Welcome to the crackberry club. Sign up with Crackberry.com for treats.

Well, I got the phone sooner than expected. Now I've got all weekend to get familiar with it!

Since yesterday afternoon, I've been downloading apps like crazy (Facebook, Google Moblile, Slacker Radio, EasyBartender, etc.) Damn this thing's addicting!

Make sure to get a memory card.
Slacker is a great app. Enjoy.

Also, I know it is a company phone, but check here:
8320 - SonyEricsson, BenQ-Siemens, Alcatel, Motorola, Acer, NEC, Samsung, Dopod/O2, Too

If you want to customize or change some items about it. New trackball color, ect. Some of these can void the warranty (a new housing I think), so check before you do. All of their items have worked great for me however. I have gotten a new housing and trackballs for every blackberry I have had.

Well, I got the phone sooner than expected. Now I've got all weekend to get familiar with it!

Since yesterday afternoon, I've been downloading apps like crazy (Facebook, Google Moblile, Slacker Radio, EasyBartender, etc.) Damn this thing's addicting!

My company has the blackberry's locked down so much that you can not even install a single application on it. This is why I had turned it down at work and went out to get my own phone. I can't get corporate email but that is OK because I really don't want to be that much in touch with my email.

I am surprised that more companies are not taking this approach with their devices as it does leave them open for issues down the road.

My company has the blackberry's locked down so much that you can not even install a single application on it. This is why I had turned it down at work and went out to get my own phone. I can't get corporate email but that is OK because I really don't want to be that much in touch with my email.

I am surprised that more companies are not taking this approach with their devices as it does leave them open for issues down the road.

Hmm, I am suprised they gave you a choice. Did they give you the difference on your own since you did not take it?

Sorry this is OT, just got curious.

Hmm, I am suprised they gave you a choice. Did they give you the difference on your own since you did not take it?

Sorry this is OT, just got curious.

I get an allowance every month but it does not cover the entire costs. That is fine by me because I can now use the phone for anything that I choose without having to worry. Heck there have been people fired for using company property for non business purposes. I was carrying two phones one for business and one personal anyways just because of this. It just helps cover a little of my personal costs now and saves them money also. It only took 4 months of me trying to convince them to let me do this.

another good site is blackberryforums.com!
my company phone is a pearl with verizon and my personal phone is a pearl with alltel.they have been the best phones I have ever owned and for once am not looking forward to ever upgrading from them.My boss has the storm and until they can compact it down,I won't even consider one

The company I work for is pretty laid back. I don't have to worry much about anything like that.

Another sweet app I've been playing with is Slacker Radio. By using the 3.5mm headphone jack, I can listen to free online radio on my headphones or in the car!

Why am I paying for a Sirius subscription again?! (Damn Howard. If it wasn't for him, I'd be long gone. :))

BTW, does BB have a Sirius app yet? Or can you just log on manually and listen to a live stream that way?

Another app question.....

Have any BB owners ever used PocketMac for Blackberry yet?

I have a Macbook at home in which I store songs on iTunes and photos on iPhoto. I'd love to sync all my songs and pics onto the Curve.

Samsung Omnia Verizon

Any blackberry users use tetherberry?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)