Upgraded to BlackBerry Curve: Finally!

Another sweet app I've been playing with is Slacker Radio. By using the 3.5mm headphone jack, I can listen to free online radio on my headphones or in the car!

Why am I paying for a Sirius subscription again?! (Damn Howard. If it wasn't for him, I'd be long gone. :))

BTW, does BB have a Sirius app yet? Or can you just log on manually and listen to a live stream that way?
ditto that all the way!

Yeah, opera mini is good, I have actually gotten used to the standard browser though.

I've got both on my Curve, some things I like about both, but I'm used to the BB one for the most part. For what I use my browser for, which is not much, the standard is fine. Sometimes I think Opera tries too hard to be like a "real" browser.

I've got both on my Curve, some things I like about both, but I'm used to the BB one for the most part. For what I use my browser for, which is not much, the standard is fine. Sometimes I think Opera tries too hard to be like a "real" browser.

Um, isn't that a good thing?

Um, isn't that a good thing?

Not when it loads an entire page (graphics, ads and everything) in my small BB window, which (a) forces me to scroll around and/or zoom to find what I want and (b) makes it take way longer to load the page.

Most of my mobile browsing is just quick checks of things, so I'd like it to be, well, quick. If I want the "full" experience, I'll do it from a PC.... I prefer mobile sites and/or BB apps for what I do.

Not when it loads an entire page (graphics, ads and everything) in my small BB window, which (a) forces me to scroll around and/or zoom to find what I want and (b) makes it take way longer to load the page.

Most of my mobile browsing is just quick checks of things, so I'd like it to be, well, quick. If I want the "full" experience, I'll do it from a PC.... I prefer mobile sites and/or BB apps for what I do.

Different strokes I guess.

Opera Mini's ability to load full pages is what I find appealing. I don't always have the convenience in carrying around my laptop. I don't always have the convenience to be in a Wi-Fi zone either. The BB with Opera Mini allows the best of both worlds. It's like a PC in my pocket. I don't notice it taking "longer" to load pages than the standard BB Browser either.

And if I ever want quick info that is easy to read, I just subscribe to that sites RSS feeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)