texas locals

Get a bigger OTA rig?

You do what you have to do if you want your HD locals. There's always physically moving to get your HD locals.

I live pretty much in the center of a triangle of Houston, Austin and Dallas, Fayetteville, and I get service out of Austin, but my OTA antenna can pick up Houston HD signal thankfully. Though I still have a coax running to my TV tuner to watch other network shows that I can't record with my 622.

I'm interested in the moving concept, no idea how it works. Would make my TV watching so much easier, and enjoyable. I'd really like to know why Austin hasn't done anything about their HD locals. I can't even pick them up with my OTA rig. Are there even HD channels out of Austin?

Oddly enough I even get the San Antonio locals in SD... I called Dish and said - if I get San Antonioo SD locals then why am I not getting their HD counterparts? The female voice with a THICK accent on the other end said she didn't know - but I didn't qualify for SA HD locals... It makes no sense.

Mat

MMCain - your HD locals should match your SD locals. I would go to https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do and type in your physical address. This should return whatever local channels you are eligible for. As I said, SD should match HD... if available.

IF all else fails and you still get a conflicting response... try ceo@echostar.com

mmcain100- Did you ever find a solution for you HD channels? I also live in Lockhart and have the same problem. Just wondering if Dish did anything for you.

use an ota antenna for your hd tuner. you can get the locals off the air in hd this way. also, this will give ur 622/722 a third tuner to use. if both the satellite tuners are being used to record, you can still watch live tv off the air this way. you could also record a live show on a local channel while watching a live show on your sat signal. check out antennaweb.org . it will help you select the best ota antenna to use. the ota hd locals can be added to your program guide off your reciever, so you can set up recordings and get to the channels real easily.

I too live in Lockhart and am frustrated that Dish does not offer Austin locals in HD. I do enjoy HD OTA from Austin and San Antonio but wish I could record 2 network shows at the same time.

I'm interested in the moving concept, no idea how it works. Would make my TV watching so much easier, and enjoyable. I'd really like to know why Austin hasn't done anything about their HD locals. I can't even pick them up with my OTA rig. Are there even HD channels out of Austin?

Not trying to be smart or anything but you probably have to turn your antenna in the general direction of Austin. Just a thought. I get Austin HD locals OTA just fine.

See that is the funny thing. I live closer to Austin but I can only pick up Houston OTA channels, and my antenna isn't even pointed in the general direction of Houston. I've been meaning to move it, but there is a pine tree branch right behind it, and I don't do heights very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)