Texting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No texting plan, I call people.

It pisses me off when people text me,. Costs me 20 cents a pop.
I prefer calling as well. But I had to bite the bullet and get a small texting plan with my new job. I have to be part of several different group text to inform me of meetings, conferences, and observations. I have to reply as well. When I reply it goes to everyone in the group meaning one sent text can count as 10.

My wife told me they are not allowed to text business communique at work and all their e-mails have that long legal CYA crap at the end which is added by management automatically.

Using email instead of texting makes you a 21st century curmudgeon. The true curmudgeon would not even have fb.
I like keeping you confused. :D

I pay unlimited texting because of two teenagers. They will use the most convenient path and don't think of the cost. Yes, they also forward facebook messages, and skype, but the 14yo has over 1000 texts/month as well.

I pay unlimited texting because of two teenagers. They will use the most convenient path and don't think of the cost. Yes, they also forward facebook messages, and skype, but the 14yo has over 1000 texts/month as well.

I have no doubt that my 14 yr old has at least that many texts a month. Unlimited is the only way to go.

I probably use that many as well. 80% for business. Pretty easy to check on trucks on the go, many at a time with a mass text versus callin them all individually.

Edit: just checked. I've sent over 900 texts so far this month plus close to 50 pic texts. In addition to personal iMessage and gtalk messages to friends.
I'd say this is an average to below average month for usage.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I probably use that many as well. 80% for business. Pretty easy to check on trucks on the go, many at a time with a mass text versus callin them all individually.

Edit: just checked. I've sent over 900 texts so far this month plus close to 50 pic texts. In addition to personal iMessage and gtalk messages to friends.
I'd say this is an average to below average month for usage.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Probably 90% of my texts come from you :D

After having my emails subpoenaed last week as part of some on going litigation. I am back to calling for business no matter how little a matter it is. I think I did less than a dozen emails this week. It shows too, I got stuck on the phone so often and now I will be working this weekend to catch up. I am sure they would go after my texts if they could get anything. I am about ready to give up my smart phone and go back to the 2000's flip phone age.
I use about 600 texts a month, but my niece is on my family plan with my sister and how she uses so many I don't know, but she averages 5000 a month. 6433 for her line last month.

rockymtnhigh said:
Probably 90% of my texts come from you :D

There are only three people that text me and he is in the lead, my wife is a distant second.

Plus that doesn't even count google talk, he is in the lead on that also.

Sent from my Galaxy using SatelliteGuys

Is it me or does it seem that there are less options when it comes to texting for new plans? I'll give you an example. Earlier this week, I was checking Verizon's options for texting and they had 3 options: 250, 500, and unlimited. I double-check it again today and now they only have two options: 1000 or unlimited. With ATT and T-mobile, it's either unlimited texts or nothing (or $.20 per text in this case) Seems like pretty soon, Verizon will be either unlimited texts or nothing too which kind of sucks because I know most people might choose unlimited anyway, but some people like myself really don't need unlimited texts. For me, I would've been just fine with the 250 option if it was still available (heck even just 100 or 50 and I still would've lived with it) Seriously I only text like a couple times a month but I don't want to deal with that $.20 per text crap and get a surprise bill.

Is it me or does it seem that there are less options when it comes to texting for new plans? I'll give you an example. Earlier this week, I was checking Verizon's options for texting and they had 3 options: 250, 500, and unlimited. I double-check it again today and now they only have two options: 1000 or unlimited. With ATT and T-mobile, it's either unlimited texts or nothing (or $.20 per text in this case) Seems like pretty soon, Verizon will be either unlimited texts or nothing too which kind of sucks because I know most people might choose unlimited anyway, but some people like myself really don't need unlimited texts. For me, I would've been just fine with the 250 option if it was still available (heck even just 100 or 50 and I still would've lived with it) Seriously I only text like a couple times a month but I don't want to deal with that $.20 per text crap and get a surprise bill.

The reality is all new plans are offering less options for people. One of the reasons why we stay on current contracts, or don't switch carriers. :)

Texting is stupid. I have 1500 minutes and unlimited text shared on two phones. I usually send or receive less than 20 text a month and use about 1000 to 1200 minutes per month on two phones. My friends 15 yr old daughter made about 100 minutes of calls but had sent and received 2500 text messages in one month, that is retarded!!!

Some people pay $$ amount per month for a given amount of minutes and then X more to basically write what could be said. And to put more fuel on the fire, some texting is done with a cheap version of short hand writing, WTF?

IF YOU HAVE A PHONE, USE IT TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, NOT TO SEND OR RECEIVE TEXT!!!

I have an idea, why not make a device that has a qwerty keyboard and a screen. It will only be able to send and receive text. The device will not have a speaker, microphone, internet, apps, camera or video. Sell it for $150. Then charge $45 a month for unlimited text. How many people would buy and use such a device? I KNOW, my friend, he would get one for his 15 yr old!!!!

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Hey, get off your phone while you surf the forum. USE IT TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, NOT TO POST ON SATGUYS!!!!

See what you just did here?

I have an idea, why not make a device that has a qwerty keyboard and a screen. It will only be able to send and receive text. The device will not have a speaker, microphone, internet, apps, camera or video. Sell it for $150. Then charge $45 a month for unlimited text. How many people would buy and use such a device? I KNOW, my friend, he would get one for his 15 yr old!!!!

You mean one of these?

t900-200.gif

These have been around for a long time and I used to have one for work. It is so much easier to just use the cell phone instead of carrying two different devices around all of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)