Thank you DIRT (MattG) & Satellite Guys

GuardMan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 10, 2004
I just wanted to post a big THANK YOU to DIRT, namely MattG, and everyone at Satellite Guys.

I have been lurking since 2004 and have always found lots of good information on all things satellite. I finally wanted to give a belated thanks to everyone that contributes.

MattG from DIRT was able to help me out today with my Hopper/Joey upgrade questions. I have an install scheduled for tomorrow and cant wait!

Thanks again!

Rob.

I also want to thank MattG and the DIRT team for being so awesome and taking the time to help out. Getting my Hopper/Joey on Sunday.

Thanks guys, helping others is the reason why the site is here!

If you know anyone who is interested in Satellite or any kind of home theater technology please let them know about SatelliteGuys. You will not find a community like this anywhere else and I am proud of our staff, members and DIRT team for making this THE place to go for all your Satellite and Home Theater needs! :)

The installer who upgraded me to two Hoppers and three Joeys yesterday afternoon seemed very knowledgeable, so I asked him how much training he'd had on the new receivers. He said he had 1 1/2 hours of training the day before, and was happy that I seemed to know more than he did. I told him it was all due to Satelliteguys and gave him a slip of paper with the website address. He did know a lot more than me about the wiring needed. Fortunately the splitter and cables I used to feed two TVs from a TV2 output took care of the extra Joeys without any more cabling.

ZachS (DIRT member) said I was the first upgrade he handled yesterday morning, and the installer said I was his first Hopper upgrade as well.
Everything is working fine, and will be even better when the two Hoppers link to each other.

Thanks guys, helping others is the reason why the site is here!

If you know anyone who is interested in Satellite or any kind of home theater technology please let them know about SatelliteGuys. You will not find a community like this anywhere else and I am proud of our staff, members and DIRT team for making this THE place to go for all your Satellite and Home Theater needs! :)
Oh, and being a paid Pub Member is awesome too! ;) Best way to show your gratitude.

can i get any help with a 24 hour stuborn joey

You have a very good chance of getting help, but you can drastically increase your odds if you start your own thread instead of hanging onto the end of someone's thread that is not directly related to your subject!

You should always start a new thread when your subject is exactly the same as the original!

I want to thank Matt G too.:D I wrote to him yesterday, Thursday the 16th and he got back to me in the early evening. All's setup for an install this Sunday in the AM. I'll attempt to write a blog here on how the install, setup and operation goes after he's done.

Well my install is complete. So far I'm very happy. Originally, I ordered a 1 Hopper / 3 Joey configuration. After thinking about it some more, I began to realize that only 3 tuners would become a problem at times. My install was scheduled for a 8-12 time frame and since I had not yet heard from the installer, I called Dish to see if I could change to a 2 Hopper / 2 Joey configuration. The CSR easily made the change and said they would notify the installer in case he had to pick up more equipment. The installer called and said he did have to pick up more equipment (a Duo Node I think as he said he had an extra Hopper or two in the van). Because of this he said that he would be after 12. I really didn't have a problem with this as I did make the change the day of the install.

The installer arrived shortly after 12 and got to work. I started to show the installer all the locations and was asking him questions regarding the install. After a few minutes he asked me if I was an installer. I asked him why, and he said he asked because I was familiar with the terminology. (Thanks again Satellite Guys :))

The installer said I was his second Hopper/Joey install and seemed very knowledgeable. My home is newer and all wire runs are to a q-box so installation was a breeze (I probably could have done it myself). I even have ethernet going to each Hopper/Joey location. In fact the installer said that he wasn't really considering it full H/J install as it was so easy.

So its up and running. The biggest thing I notice (besides new menu look) is the reaction speed when using the remote. Before my 622 & 722 had become so sluggish I did not know if the receiver had registered the remote. I would then hit the button again only to go too far into a menu or guide. Now, when I hit a button the Hopper/Joey responds immediately. Changing channels appears to be slightly faster but not as fast as I expected, but I'll take the responsiveness of the unit any day over channel changing.

Well, I think other reviews already say the rest and I wont repeat anything more. Just wanted to say everything has been smooth so far and thanks again to Dish, DIRT, & Satellite Guys. :popcorn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts