Thank you Iceberg - I got TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

t_n

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Minnesota
I was unable to locate T5 for a few days, using Nexus card, Fortec 36” dish and Progfinder software. I was very frustrated and decided to ask for help. I wanted him to loan to me some types of signal finder, instead his reply was “I’ll come over to find T5 for ya” What a cool guy huh? :cool:

Surely he showed up at my place on that same day evening with the Pansat ird, a wrench and leveler. First, he inspected the pole to make sure it is plumbed, we then hooked all the stuffs together, turned TV and Pansat on, and he made few adjustments of the dish and within 3 or 4 minutes……. Bam! He found it, with signal level around 90%. :)

What a knowledge and skilled he possessed. Oh! He’s funny too. :D :D

Thanks again :)

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :welcome

Iceberg really is a nice guy, and his knowledge of satellite is amazing :yes

Iceberg SatelliteGuy of the year :D

I wonder if anyone in Hawaii is having trouble that Ice could help? Just send a ticket and he may find the time???? I bet Jan/Feb would have the best odds of getting him? :)

Man I wish Iceberg would come and tune mine. I am only seeing half the arc, however I know I can see almost every satellite in the arc if I move the dish by hand. :(

Scott Greczkowski said:
Man I wish Iceberg would come and tune mine. I am only seeing half the arc, however I know I can see almost every satellite in the arc if I move the dish by hand. :(

Sounds like my problem I had at first. I found my TS sat and locked in on it. Found the lowest signal I could find on that bird and tried to make it better with minor adjustments. Then moved over to one edge of the arc, made minor adjustments, checked the TS again, moved over to the other edge, and made very minor adjustments. Then checked it all again. Once I stopped jumping up and down for joy since I had given up two or three times before, I packed up all the wrenchs and brought them to the pawn shop so I couldn't move the dish again. ;)

ken2400 said:
I wonder if anyone in Hawaii is having trouble that Ice could help? Just send a ticket and he may find the time???? I bet Jan/Feb would have the best odds of getting him? :)

big man not real keen on flying...did it last January for the 1st time in 17 years :)

Scott Greczkowski said:

sounds like the elevation is off....I know on my one setup its off due to the pole not being plumb (and I cant change it :(

I was happy that it was low to the ground (the dish was off the ground by 5 inches or so).

And I want to thank CCTv for being so strong of a signal. I aimed at that, got a 95 and moved west to 97 and got a 90 (better than I can get with my 30") :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts