Thank you to the FTA Gods!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is it even worth considering to putting in a FTA dish with so many broadcasters now encrypting their feeds?

We had a snow storm yesterday and we got about 3 inches of snow... got home from work and not a peep from the Lukin Mux. :(

Drats!

Did you brush the snow off the dish? That's stuff is heavy. Makes the dish sag. With the old unimesh I used to just move the dish east or west (depending on the satellite) and bump the skew, everything would come back until I broke down and swept off the dish. You are going to like that corotor.

Last edited:
Like I've said in other posts, I'm new to ftasat tv and although I feel pretty sure I could find some stuff that would hold my interest, I still don't understand why it's free. I'm sort of familiar with viedo production and I know its very expensive yet as folks on here have said, "there's alot up there." Now, I can understand why Russia, China and Al Jasera would want to spread their ideology for nothing but why some of the other programing happens "free" is beyond me. Is there advertising? Anyway, I Hope it doesn't go away since I am really tired of paying for cable. Please clue me in. Thanks

Short answer is it does cost them money to encrypt,some don't care if you can see it ,and some truly want you to see it.The problems begin when an excessive number of lawyers,accountants and "owners" get involved.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)