Thank you to the FTA Gods!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today I had a chance to setup my C / KU Band dish which I haven't used in about 3 months. I haven't touched the dish outside at all, but I did hookup and do a factory reset of my MicroHD receiver, between the dish and the receiver I hooked in my AI Turbo S2 meter. I first figured out where the dish was last aimed at, and then I used to mover to peek the signal on the satellite. Then did a blind scan... and got everything on that Satellite.

I did this on each satellite up and down the arc until I got to the satellite I always have the worst trouble with. And that is the satellite at 87, on this satellite I have been unable to tune in the Luken Mux, I have hit it a few times over the years but never a solid signal... Today I have the mux locked in with signal level of 90 and signal quality of 82!

All the NBC S2 stuff on 105 lock right in. The ABC stuff locks in...

I have never had this happen before!

Not sure if over the past few month if the wind or something blew my dish into alignment or something. :D :D

Then for laughs I tried scanning in the KU band... and surprise surprise, had no issues on the KU.

I can see from 87 all the way to 131! And everything is a nice strong signal!

I am almost nervous about swapping out the LNBF I have with the Chapperal Co Rotor with Norsal C and KU PLL Lnb's. :D :D

Thank you FTA Gods!!

Good for you! I wonder if there might've been some tree branches somewhere in the way of 87w, across the way from your dish. I have one or two that sometimes refuse to be scanned properly, for me it' s usually 99w , for some unknown reason. It's nice when things line up the way they should.

Good to hear! Should be that much better with the Chaparral. ;)

I think they cranked it up a bit. It's boomin here too. It was always a hard one to get for me too.

Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while! :D You do realize that since you posted that here it's going to hork up tomorrow, right?

We had a snow storm yesterday and we got about 3 inches of snow... got home from work and not a peep from the Lukin Mux. :(

Drats!

I can only dream.
Between bylaws, bitchy neighbours and my dictator GF... am at the mercy of Cyberham and Toucan at finding me a 6 footer.. or 7.5ft.

A 10-footer is 33% larger than a 7.5-foot dish. Tell the GF you'll bump up her diamond ring karat count by 33% and call it even. Forget about the neighbours. They will hate you equally whether the dish is 7.5 or 10 feet.

A 10-footer is 33% larger than a 7.5-foot dish. Tell the GF you'll bump up her diamond ring karat count by 33% and call it even. Forget about the neighbours. They will hate you equally whether the dish is 7.5 or 10 feet.

Uh huh.. then its gonna be WWW.BETTERcallSAUL.com as am going to need a divorce lawyer.

Cheers, K

Follow-up.. damn that site actually works!

Uh huh.. then its gonna be WWW.BETTERcallSAUL.com as am going to need a divorce lawyer.

Cheers, K

Follow-up.. damn that site actually works!

MrPussy.jpg + 68.jpg = No 10.foot.dish.jpg for you...

That's just sad. If my wife said she'd leave me over a satellite dish, I'd offer to give her a ride to wherever she wanted to go. There's plenty of bad habits you could already have. A hobby involving staying home and playing with fta is NOT a bad one... There's all sorts of ways to camouflage dishes (YES, even 10ft dishes) to where they aren't a problem for even a female.

Here's MY 10 footer, and it's in the FRONT YARD!!! DSC01324.JPG

Actually, that Rhododendron covers my 10 footer, a Prodelin 6 footer, a Prodelin 4 footer, and two Dish 500's from being easily seen from the street.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)