Thanks Dish for no GolTv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mruk69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Music City U.S.A
For the first time on Gol TV they will be showing England v Germany. These games are typically on FSC or Setanta. However we Dish customers will not be able to watch it.

For the first time on Gol TV they will be showing England v Germany. These games are typically on FSC or Setanta. However we Dish customers will not be able to watch it.

Just go online and find a link to watch. The PQ online is way better then E* had on FSC or Goltv. I have FIOS and some of the links are 700k to 1500K quality. I droped the Top250 this summer and signed up for Absolute package, plenty of free soccer online, even NFL games.

It's true. Even before E* decided to drop the channel, I lost GolTV when I decided to go all HD only. I found Veetle online and the PQ is better or at least equal to E* crappy SD. The best thing E* ever did is offer these HD only packs. It has weened me off tv a lot. And now with Apple TV offering HD movies and such and all the content online, I'm thinking of dropping pay tv forever.

how come no one ever blames the channel itself for getting dropped from dish? they are just as responsible for not coming to an agreement.

Considering about 3 people in the U.S. watch soccer, the price they wanted dish to pay probably wasn't worth it, lol.

If 3 people watch soccer, then why is FSC and Setanta still around? Also, there would be no point in Direct TV and cable companies in carrying it.

You are being narrow minded, soccer is the biggest sport on the planet, the American population is made up of more than just people born in the U.S.

setenta is a preimum subscription program. perhaps gol tv could have negotiated for that? yeah, soccer is bigger then football worldwide, but hey, the metric system is bigger then our SAE measurement system and the foot is more popular then the meter here. If soccer was as big as mruk69 claims it to be, perhaps i would see it on my local channels. its monday night, and i got the saints packers game. never heard of monday night soccer before. i got nothing against soccer, i even enjoy playing it with my buds at the park. but its just doesnt have the grip on the usa like it does worldwide.

the reason that it doesn't is this, it is not pushed as heavily as the NFL.....i bet if ESPN picks up La Liga and EPL it will be seen ALOT more

As I understand it, that's why GolTV is no longer on Dish--because ESPN is angling for the rights to a lot of the leagues that GolTV carries, and if they get them then ESPN Classic is going to become a predominantly soccer channel.

Frankly, if GolTV is about to lose some of their most appealing and popular programming, it makes perfect sense for Dish to play hardball with them.

it sure would, I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw GolTV back on Dish unless they start carrying the Bundaliga (German premier league) and Erdiviese (Dutch premier league) full time which they haven't as of yet.......sad because I like watching some German and Dutch soccer every now and again

No GolTV on Dish? Thanks for the info guys.
That means no Dish Network on my TV. The best league in a world for me is La Liga (Spanish league), and I will never order service from someone who wont be able to provide me with the games where the best soccer players, like Messi, Aguero, Roben and many others are playing.
Bad business Dish. First you dump World Sport HD, and now GolTV.

To daboogas94e:
GolTV do carry bundesliga. Every Saturday and Sunday they show at least two live games from bundesliga, and during the weak they show replays from those games.
And from LaLiga they always show Barca, Real Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Villarreal and Atletico Madrid games live every Saturday and Sunday.
They also show Coppa Del Ray (Spanish cup), the Italian cup and many other qualification games from Europe and South America.

You sure did go to a lot a work to say you wouldn't sign up for Dish... :rolleyes:
I'm guessing fo the majority of Dishes 13+ million customers, GolTV is no where on their radar as far as an important channel.

You sure did go to a lot a work to say you wouldn't sign up for Dish... :rolleyes:
I'm guessing fo the majority of Dishes 13+ million customers, GolTV is no where on their radar as far as an important channel.

But it should be an option for those who like soccer and want that channel. :rolleyes:

Hope we never see any other FOX channel, i.e., News, Business, SPEED....how many crybabies will we see than? Hell, we see them now, don't we??????????

What about all those SciFi crybabies before that was on DISH???:river

You saying they are more deserving than those who want channels you don't give a sh!t about??

setenta is a preimum subscription program. perhaps gol tv could have negotiated for that? yeah, soccer is bigger then football worldwide, but hey, the metric system is bigger then our SAE measurement system and the foot is more popular then the meter here. If soccer was as big as mruk69 claims it to be, perhaps i would see it on my local channels. its monday night, and i got the saints packers game. never heard of monday night soccer before. i got nothing against soccer, i even enjoy playing it with my buds at the park. but its just doesnt have the grip on the usa like it does worldwide.

With the exception of his capitalization and punctuation :))), I agree with this poster. Should be a la carte. In the US, soccer is on a pretty deep niche. Much as a, say, NFL Network would be in the rest of the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts