Thanks for the HD but its time to go

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I keep reading here that you're never supposed to get a 2 year commitment for getting a bad receiver replaced even if you don't have the protection plan. The only way they can supposedly stick you with a 2 year commitment is for adding new receivers to your account.

Now in this thread the 2 of you are arguing back and forth and one of you said something about having the protection plan so you got out of the 2 year commitment thing. :confused:

If you have an owned receiver, like the H20 was when it first came out, and you don't have the protection plan, then replacing that owned receiver results in a new 2 year commitment.

I keep reading here that you're never supposed to get a 2 year commitment for getting a bad receiver replaced even if you don't have the protection plan. The only way they can supposedly stick you with a 2 year commitment is for adding new receivers to your account.

Now in this thread the 2 of you are arguing back and forth and one of you said something about having the protection plan so you got out of the 2 year commitment thing. :confused:
1st, No one is arguing.:)
The rules are simple anytime you activate a New or used Leased receiver, it starts a New 24 month commitment. That even includes replaced broken ones.
Unless you subscribe to the protection plan.

Without the Protection plan, you can still get your broken receiver replace, at maybe the cost of Shipping, Free- $30. But Once you activate it your 24 months starts over.
Now What I was talking about was, I didn't subscribe to the protection plan. So in order for me to get out of commiting another 24 months,

I bought a refurbished H-20 that was now ownd by me, for which when own , doesn't come with a commitment. Directv gave me a Huge Deal on it for $85, Because when I first Got my H20 in the Spring 2006 at Best Buy, I paid $199 for a LEASE. Yes These used to cost as Much as the HR's cost now. That was before the HR's were available.
This was Not the owned Prices
Spring 2006
H20-100 or 600 $199 Leased
Owned was $499
HR20-100 or 700 $299 Leased
Owned was $799

1st, No one is arguing.:)
The rules are simple anytime you activate a New or used Leased receiver, it starts a New 24 month commitment. That even includes replaced broken ones.
Unless you subscribe to the protection plan.
Without the Protection plan, you can still get your broken receiver replace, at maybe the cost of Shipping, Free- $30. But Once you activate it your 24 months starts over.
Now What I was talking about was, I didn't subscribe to the protection plan. So in order for me to get out of commiting another 24 months,
I bought a refurbished H-20 that was now ownd by me, for which when own , doesn't come with a commitment. Directv gave me a Huge Deal on it for $85, Because when I first Got my H20 in the Spring 2006 at Best Buy, I paid $199 for a LEASE. Yes These used to cost as Much as the HR's cost now. That was before the HR's were available.
This was Not the owned Prices
Spring 2006
H20-100 or 600 $199
HR20-100 or 700 $299

Hemi, not correct for leased receivers, replacing one due to failure does not start the 24 month commitment over again. Stonecold has said this and if it's done it's done in error.

Hemi, not correct for leased receivers, replacing one due to failure does not start the 24 month commitment over again. Stonecold has said this and if it's done it's done in error.
Hope you guys are right.
But I haven't replaced a broken in 3 years, And this used to be the case.
I had a Samsung sir300, that D* replaced with a D10 and that cost me a 12 month commitment. Would have been 24 if it was a DVR or HD.

Hope you guys are right.
But I haven't replaced a broken in 3 years, And this used to be the case.
I had a Samsung sir300, that D* replaced with a D10 and that cost me a 12 month commitment. Would have been 24 if it was a DVR or HD.

OK, that was an owned receiver, the Samsung wasn't a leased box. So as mentioned, you replace an owned receiver, without the protection plan, you get a new commitment.

I recently added a SD D11 box with no commitment extension/reset. I don't have the Prot Plan.

Is the 2-yr reset dependent on adding HD boxes and not SD boxes?

Also, maybe I got this wrong but if you have a leased defective HD box replaced with no Prot Plan, it gets replaced without a new 2-yr commitment.

Rad is correct; the new two year extension is by mistake at the very least or they look the other way & secretly like the new commitments.

They hit me with a secret renewal on a third replacement 10 months into my 2 year and I had the protection plan as well, should be fun when I call to cancel tomorrow.

They hit me with a secret renewal on a third replacement 10 months into my 2 year and I had the protection plan as well, should be fun when I call to cancel tomorrow.

Van, I know it's too late for you but you might want to send an e-mail to the ellen.filipiak@directv.com address letting them know about that. Won't help you but maybe they can trace down where the process when wrong to help others to maybe not get hit like you did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)