THANKS OTA FORUM!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Z06_Pilot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Columbus, OH
I've been running on my Winegard 1080 for about 6 weeks now, and my reception on all HD locals is super fantastic. Not a single frozen screen, pixelation, lost signal, nothing. we had some high winds, rain storms and now snow, and nothing stops the signal.

I am running between 87 and 100% strength on all channels consistently.

I know I am lucky as all the towers except one are 3.5 miles from me, with no obstructions.

but it did take a couple of tries to find the right antenna to pull everything in successfully.

you folks on this forum are just dynamite!

thanks very, very much

Jeff

Glad we got you fixed up. Did you wind up putting that antenna outside, or is it still in your attic?
Hi Dren,

I got really tired of trying to make it work in the attic. signals would not come in strong consistently no matter where I placed it in the attic, or it's orientation, and that was after 4 different antennas....

I already had a wireless weather system installed on a 10 ft. mast, via a tripod mount on a flat part of my roof.

I simply mounted the 1080 at the very top, lined it up, ran guy wires to stabilize it, then grounded the antenna and mast, and life is GOOD!

thanks a lot folks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts