Aug 24, 2004
I got my new QPH-031 LNB today... So I removed the
dish/dtv and the offset fta lnb's. Mounted the 031. My dish arm
was strong enough to carry the 1.5 lbs lnb, so
that was one problem I missed. Than I ran it through the
same switch I had.

All the Echo sats (110, 119 and 148) went from the
80's to 99!!! T-5, T-6, Mexsat, G10 and others (Im still
scanning) went from a low 30's to 55 or 50's to 70's.

And some I gave up on also came in strong enough to
bother with....

BTY it's a 30" (ish) dish a 2100 rotor and a Pansat 2500A.

This is a kewl toy...

BTY what the heck is RANG-A-RANG NY.... I see the
pansat has just listed it.... LOL

JonStevo said:
BTY what the heck is RANG-A-RANG NY.... I see the
pansat has just listed it.... LOL

Hey, my favorite channel! RANG-A-RANG LA is a close second.

Iceberg said:
what kind of LNB did you have before that?
.6, .5?

One was a DMS .5 the other I have no idea, it just and old
dish/dtv one with no case on it... I also re-made cables
that might have helped a bit..

It does look a little "top heavy"....

Attachments

• DSCF0001a.jpg
    DSCF0001a.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 185
My experiences with the new Invacom LNB

:D Finally got my LNB after numerous delivery problems with UPS. None were PSB's fault. Enuf of that.

Worked all morning hooking up LNB to my Hotdish 75 and the SG2100. Boy was everyone right. These LNBs are much more sensitive to adjustment than the el cheapo generic Standard KuBand LNB that I had previously been using in conjunction with a Gardner CP LNB. After a considerable amount of time, I have confirmed that indeed, I cannot get my pole bolted onto my second floor patio plumb. Consequently, my reception and ability to track the arc is impacted.

However, all that aside, we just went through a tremendous electrical storm in the Fort Lauderdale suburbs, and it was pretty dark in terms of clouds. I lost signal only briefly (approximately 2-3 minutes), when I realized I would attempt to nudge my dish a couple of pushes with the 1.2 DiSeqC command. Voila, Quality went up from Nothing, Nada, Zero to 97-99. Level went from Nothing to 74-76. Note that my receiver is a Fortec Lifetime, and it is pretty liberal in terms of signal strenght and quality readings, and that I could not previously receive The Tube on G10R with a 50 reading due to pixelization. Now The Tube comes in at approximately 67-71, and hardly any signal pixelization.

There are certain birds and transponders which definitely benefit from this LNB versus el cheapo generic 0.6 db LNB. And others on which you do not notice any significant increase. However, I must admit that during "normal" South Florida electrical storms, I would hover around Level - 40s to low 60s, and Quality around Zero through 50s. After the storm this evening, which was pretty eventful in terms of darkness and substance of clouds, and electrical activity, I am quite impressed. Kept watching a ballgame (after my minor tweak above) without signal loss (maybe 1-3 strenght variations, but nothing of any real significance).

Thanks for everything Pete, and thank your wife for all of her assistance in getting this to me, despite the worst efforts of UPS

greyskies (definitely tonight) in (not so) sunny South Florida :D

NO PROBLEM! Just glad it had a happy ending : )

I think you will see the REAL benefit of the LNBF on those really low quality signals. As you say they can make the difference between picture and no picture! I am still amazed what I am picking up with these low noise LNB.

Nice to see you are having fun.

Damn.... I cannot stop playing... LOL AND
I have lost track of the number of sats I have now..

I guess my other LNB's were crap.....

I'm also very impressed with the new Invacom QPH LNBF.

I just replaced the D* LNBF I was using on my Winegard 76CM as a placeholder with the QPH. Keep in mind I've NEVER truly peaked this dish, I just slapped the D* LNBF on to roughly set my motor on the arc.

On the LINEAR side using the QPH on this 30" UNPEAKED dish, I'm picking up 11720 (The Tube's transponder) at SQ 30, which is not breaking up on my Pansat 2700!

I can't wait until the rains here stop and I'm able to bring a monitor and receiver up on the roof to really peak the dish! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.