Thanks to all who helped! Got my lower C band sats

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Over the last week or more I was trying to tweak my 8 foot dish for 55W-58W. Every other bird was fine...good solid signal. I tried everything everyone suggested...no luck.So I tried my dishpointer app and it said I was clearing the top of the trees. Well I suspected those trees were real close to line of sight. Yep I soon found out I wasn't clearing those trees after all! I got my old 6 foot dish from my brother today, and set it up 40 feet farther away from the 8 foot dish. 58W is booming on the 6 footer. I suspect I could get 55W and maybe 43W on the 6 footer. So it was that stupid 75 year old oak tree in the neighbors yard after all! Its a massive tree to say the least....So thanks for everyone's help I got it figured out....finally!

139 W is the same for me. Up until a couple of years ago it was solid, today it's winter only. In another couple of years it will be gone for good. Unfortunately, there's no option to move the dish to.

I am surrounded with trees and it looks like I am in the middle of the forest here in the city, some are mine and some are not.
But, before I set up my dish I used my sons telescope with a list of satellites and their data and I scoped out my options. And yes I was able to see branches and twigs with it. It took me 3 evenings to find the best ( not perfect) spot for my c-band dish. At least I get 78w to 107w in the summer. But now since there are no more leaves on the trees, I get a lot more sats. About 50w only 1 channel (branches) to ....way pass 107w......I do not know at this moment what sat this is since I did not confirm the transponder with lyngsat, but my dish is at about 10 degree vertical, right when I bottomed out the actuator arm.
I did not even know that I am tracking the arc with such precision until the leaves came off and I was able to to track the arc further west and east.

Johann I always had 87 thru 139 no problem. Last year I got down to 58w NHK. Looks like I am clearing the trees by about a foot on my 8 ft motorized setup..but I wasnt. The six footer will catch anything below 61w. Clears the massive trees easily

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)